CHAPTER 2

*A FEW HOURS LATER*

>> Mystic Falls - 2016

As Nik drove around the town, glancing out the window and looking around at all the new (and old) scenery was like an episode of Deja Vu. Sure the last time I came here was a hundred and whatever years ago and Mystic falls had obviously changed immensely; but nothing too juristic as  I can still remember all the memories that I had here.. Like where this "grill" is, that was where I had my first kiss, and the tree in the grassy area in front of it, was where I had my first kill.. Oh so many memories..

Nik started to pull into a random driveway, the house was not so far away from the town but it is not in the centre, this area was peaceful.. Much more peaceful than what I remembered from years ago. The house is regularly large house, it is beautiful I would admit, but not as large as my old house. That reminds me, I definitely need to go back to my old house and see if it's still standing.
"its beautiful.." I smiled, gazing up at the sky and looking around at the front garden, slowly climbing out of the car so that I didn't hit my head. Slowly, I followed Nik to the front door, my heart beating unusually fast "I am aware that you know the Salvatore brothers." Nik spoke out, turning to face me before knocking on the front door, but silence filled the air at that moment "yes... Why are you bringing them up?" I said, unsure of how to answer his unusual question at such a random moment. He smiled intently "get ready to say hello." He said knocking at the door.

*FLASHBACK*

>> Mystic Falls 1850 - Salvatore Household

"Get ready to say hello Lucifer!" My mother smiled "mother stop calling me that!" I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest as she knocked on the door "but it's your name!-" "my name is Lexi!" I raised my voice and cutting her off, which earned a sharp slap to my face "is she alright?" I heard the door open, and there stood Damon, horror blatantly obvious in his face expression "yes she is fine young Damon" my mother smiled, patting his head and walking past him to go and see Lilly "your mother is harsh.." Damon sighed, lifting me up and sitting me on the porch swing next to him "you get used to it..ow!" I hissed as he touched my face "why don't you come and live with us?-" "your crazy." I stopped him mid-sentence, pushing his hand away from my face "you know my parents.. They would never permit it, plus, I would get more worse of a punishment than just a slap.. Don't worry so much Damon" I smiled, standing up and fixing my dress "so much poof...." I groaned, de-creasing my dress, causing a chuckle to erupt from Damon "what?" I raised my eyebrow at him, putting my hands on my hips and looks at him "you think I care... Pfffttttt" he smiled causing me to roll my eyes at him "why were best friends I will never know.." I said, turning towards the door as I hear it open "Lexi!" I heard a boy shout "hey Stefan" I smiled as he walked out of the house to join us on the porch swing, hugging me tightly "we haven't seen you in forever.." He smiled, slightly sadly "yeah I know.." I sighed

*MODERN DAY*

>> Still where I was before the flashback

"Nik I can't do this." I said as I started grabbing hold of his arm before he could knock on the door "what's the matter darling?" He said with worry, moving his hand away from the door to my relief. "I'm not ready to see them again, can we please leave?" I whispered with pleading eyes.

Suddenly the door opened.

*DAMON POV*

"Can I hear someone outside?" I thought out loud, placing my glass back onto the table beside me as a stared at the fireplace "that's what I was thinking" my brother, Stefan, answered my question as started to he walk to the front door "Stefan, let me open it." I said quickly pushing him out of the way and getting to the door before him, opening it swiftly "why are you standing o-" I stopped, looking at the two people standing there "Lexi?" I gaped, but the girl soon left "Hello Salvatore." Klaus smirked "what are you doing here?? Who was she??" I said, leaving my house and closing the door behind me "Well I have some business, and that. Was someone." He said as he leant onto the hood of his car "WHO WAS SHE?" I growled "your not a werewolf I wouldn't try growling and trying to be intimidating" he chuckled.

"Someone, not important. Now, what's this heretic and/or huntress problem?" He said, letting himself in the house.

*BACK TO LEXI POV*

I sat at the "mystic grill", drinking my life away "tedious name for a bar..." I chuckled "Lucifer." I heard a gasp come from behind me "great.." I groaned as I swivelled my chair around to see the person "Emily?" I raised my eyebrow, standing up and beginning to bow "no. Bonnie.. I'm her descendant..." Bonnie said, motioning for me to sit down and I did so, her accompanying me also. "What brings the devil back here-" "please stop referring me to the devil. My name is Lexi, I was only named lucifer because of my devil crazy parents." I rolled my eyes taking another gulp from my drink "Damon speaks of you." She all of a sudden blurted out "what?" I said, accidentally dropping my glass but luckily it didn't spill anywhere on my clothes.

"He doesn't say your name in particular, but he has talked about you. He's my best friend and we speak a lot, he describes you and speaks about your times in the past together. But then he just ends it with 'the past is the past Bon Bon'" she smiles "well that sounds like Damon." I rolled my eyes "you should go and see him" she said, placing her arm gently on my shoulder and I nod "not yet.." I whispered "why?" She gasped, moving her hand away from me almost immediately "I don't want to-" "I don't care." She cut me off "we're going. Now." She said standing up.