Chapter 5: The Nursemaid

Hey guys, it's me again! Coming at you with another story update that isn't thousands of years later! Ever since I put on my bio my updates are synced with Servamp's it getting me motivated. (P.S. WATCH / READ SERVAMP) Even though I meant the manga, because that's terrible at updating. But now I try to update on Tuesdays like the anime (^°^). Or their update makes me realize I have to as well . . .  ANYWAYS!

Let's get on with the storyyyyyyyyyyy!

?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?

(TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHAPTER GOT A BIT MORE GRAPHIC THAN I ANTICIPATED. LIKE, MURDER GRAPHIC.)

When we arrived at the newspaper stand, Sebastian was already there, leaning against the limousine with his head tucked under his chauffeur cap cooly. He peered at Anastasia and I quizzically, probably confused by the fact that we were sprinting down the street, assuming he hadn't noticed that we had returned to the car with one less person than we left with.

Before he could even open my door to escort me inside, I had leaped inside on my own, alongside Anastasia, who was breathing just as heavily as I was.

"What's wrong?" Sebastian asked worriedly, "and where is Mandy?"

So he had noticed her absence. I sucked in a long breath as I racked my brain for a good excuse that could properly explain everything.

"Oh, nothing's wrong," I assured him, waving a hand in his direction. "I just wanted a race. The loser had to walk home."

Sebastian disappeared from my view for a moment, resurfacing in the driver's seat. Using the rearview mirror, he locked eyes with me. Based on the obvious suspicion in his eyes, he already knew I was lying.

"Should I warn you now, then?" he questioned vaguely.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Warn me about what?"

Sebastian sighed, turning to face the road as he lost the ability to look me in the eye. "I hate to be the one to tell you this, but I already know what you did at the diner. The whole town does, really. And that includes your parents."

Anastasia studied me, waiting for the reaction I would undoubtedly have, but I remained emotionless as I took in the information.

"I'm sorry, Pacifica," he apologized. "But they are very upset right now."

"It's okay, Sebastian," I sighed. "It's not your fault. It's mine."

?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?

If I could use one word to describe how I felt right now, it would be complete, white-hot terror. This was the worst position I had ever been in. I knew it was bad, but as I caught wind of father's absolutely furious expression, I realized that this was the worst thing I had ever done. Causing a scene at the diner. Kicking out Mandy. The vein in his forehead looked like it would pop right out any moment.

It was weird though. I was more terrified than I'd ever been. Yet I somehow couldn't say this was the most terror I'd ever felt. And that was already almost as scary as my father

"Pacifica!" my dad's voice boomed through the halls, sending shivers down my spine. I was sure that everyone in the mansion, if not everyone in town could hear this.