Chapter : 6

Hi guys! I'm back here to give you all a well-deserved chapter. I'm currently at home with a sprained ankle so, why not update? Anywho lets get this chapter started!

?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?

I awoke in the infirmary, everything tainted with the echo of my nightmare. 

No not a nightmare, I thought to myself, that was reality.

Scanning the room, my eyes rested upon a sleeping figure of a woman. She sat next to my bed-on a chair-seemingly to watch over my recovery.  I cleared my throat and the figure started to stir.

As she looked up, I expected to see Mandy, but instead was shown a woman with brown hair, and light, hazel eyes.

"Good morning, Pacifica." 

My new found favourite maid stared at me, worry filled her eyes, probably from the fainting trick I pulled last night.

"Good morning, Anastasia" 

I replied, fearful of the talk, I was sure to get from my parents later. 

Throwing the comforter off of me, I jumped out of the infirmary bed, My mind more numb than my feet. 

"So, Pacifica, it has been noted in reports recently that within the last day you have fainted twice."

She meet my eyes, for the first time.

"So, you can understand my concern, correct?"

"Yes."

I sighed.

"Although, if you have brought that up to ask me if I knew the reason, I would have to apologize." 

She lowered her head.

"Although that may be one of the reasons, it is not the main one."

Anastasia hovered her eyes to study the baby-blue wallpaper than lined the infirmary. That wallpaper had been there longer than even my father had lived, It had seen more than enough sick Northwests, and their servants. Sometimes I enjoy hiding out in this room, even just for a few minutes, to study each imperfection that has befallen the almost out-of-date room. Each bump, scratch, or stain could tell a story -the quality wavering- and no doubt would I listen to each and every one it had to tell. 

"Pacifica?" 

Long, tan fingers waved in front of my face.

"Oh sorry."

I responded.

"What did you say, I zoned out." 

"I'll add 'lost in thought' to the list of uncharacteristic behavior that has befallen you." 

Her eyes crinkled with a smile, one you don't see much on young maids with the misfortune to work here, in the Northwest's mansion. 

"What did I miss?" 

I questioned with a light chuckle escaping my lips. Now fully standing and walking me to the door Anastasia continued her statement from before.

"Well, as I said, trying to find out why was not my only objective, I also wanted to make sure you knew the severity of the problem."

She looked at me, trying to see if I would give an answer to her almost rhetorical question. Instead of talking I just nodded my head, and let her lead me to the kitchen.

"By the way, Pacifica. You should know."

She sat me down at the dinning table as she got out my break feast that I had missed this morning. 

"The two twins from the dinner stopped by and asked for you to come over." 

I raised my eyebrow.

"They want to talk to you about what had happened yesterday."

"And what about Mandy?" 

A chill went down my spine as I said her name, especially after what had happened last night. Although the only emotion that showed on Anastasia's face was confusion. 

"Mandy?"

She said the name like it was foreign to her ears.

"Yea Mandy, the one that went with us yesterday."

That statement caught Anastasia off-guard, until she started to laugh. Then ity was my turn to become confused. 

"That was a funny joke Pacifica." 

She hesitated to catch her breath before speaking again.

"Though, I wouldn't say that in front of Andie, you know how rung up that butler can get."

She set the plate down on the table and started to walk away. 

"I'm just glad you aren't still mad at him after the incident yesterday at the diner, you know he was just looking after the lady of the house."

And with that she left the room, leaving me to think about what just happened, all by myself.

?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?|?

Hi guys! sorry it's been so long! I've just been caught up with school and my clubs. I stared writing this chapter so long ago, that my ankle has already healed perfectly! Isn't that just great, sorry the chapter is short, like always. But as always Live Long and Ship ONNNNNnnNnnNn!!