Name that Baby

5th July, 2004, 11 years 'B.R.' [Before Riley]

Since Bill & Jill Andersen had found out about Jill's sudden pregnancy, The house was now a hive of activity, preparing for the new baby.

Bill and Jill had done some work on an old room in their house, but deciding on what gender the new baby would be was no cakewalk, and that's saying something.

Bill & Jill both painted the room in one half pink [for a girl] and the other half blue [for a boy], then added a crib [like the one Molly from the Toy Story films had], and baby toys that a girl or boy would like.

Jill's Emotions stared at the room. "Seems... great." Jill's Joy said uneasily, at the design of the room. Bill's Emotions stared at the room. "Great job." Bill's Fear said. "Baby stuff present and accounted for."

Later that afternoon, Jill was busy reading a book on baby care.

"Listen to this, Bill." she said to her husband. "It says here that naming a baby is the even trickier part of getting a new baby. 'The name is based on the baby's gender, be it boy or girl. Names like James, Andy, Carl, and Thomas are for boys, whereas names like Amy, Lucy, Emily, or Molly, are for girls. Sometimes, you get inspirations from other family members, like aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc.'" she read.

"That is a good idea." Bill said, getting a family photo album book. "We could try my mother Jessie, or my father, Gordon, or any other member we could think of, such as..."

10 minutes later...

Before long, the two of them had wrote down as many possible names they could pick for their new son/daughter; Jill had the girl names, and Bill had the boy names, respectively.

They'd both written down 35 names between them, totaling up to 70 possible names altogether, for the new baby.

"Did you guys pick up on that?" Jill's Sadness said. Her Emotions nodded. "Baby names are open for business." Jill's Anger said. "That's the first step of baby boot camp under control." Bill's Anger said. "Sir, Yes sir!" Bill's Emotions said altogether.

Later that evening, Jill was reading the babycare book again in bed. "According to this," she said to Bill, "all parents and kids need to learn to get used to having a new baby in the house." Bill stared at Jill. "What do you mean?" "I mean," Jill said, "First thing tomorrow, we will have a baby test, to see how we can handle our new baby."

"and what will that involve?" Bill asked, uneasily. "It will involve changing a diaper, bathing her, burping her, and all sorts of other things we'll need to do." Jill said. "Ok." Bill said. He seemed to have mixed emotions about the baby test, but he knew that as soon as their new son/daughter was born, it would all soon be worth it.