Chapter 8

=Chapter 8=

=Emma's POV=

I sit as still as possible on the hard ground, shivering not from cold but out of fear. As a lycan part of me was screaming inside to stop - begging the evil side of me to turn and run from the men last night. But it was always hopeless the lycan half of me was too enraged with Drake I still don't know why but the only answer I am able to come up with is that somehow my wolf remembers what he has done to me, as much as I hate it - we are the same hybrid.

I grimace as pain shoots through my body as I take laboured breaths, Drake had been furious when I changed back. No longer a giant wolf I was much frailer and he made sure to make the most of that. My body had begun to heal at normal speed once again thanks to the full moon being over.

Straining against my bound hands I struggle into an upright position. Drake had left the tent going who knows where after a messenger had entered and handed over a formal looking letter. It seemed to be of some importance to him I had watched carefully as he read it, he gave little away but from his muttering I had been able to make out that someone was coming into camp.

I glanced up as the tent opened letting a draft of dry air to enter. I didn't say a word as the person approached, I was unable to see who it was but I sat still in my place on the ground moving was just too painful for now.

"Emma, are you alright?" I raise my eyebrow slightly couldn't he tell by just looking at me? I don't panic when I hear the footsteps approaching I don't even have to look into his eyes to know that its Cole.

"Where's your brother." I spit out bitterly as the ties fall loose from my hands.

"Busy." Cole shrugs as he sits down on the ground in front of me, "Emma you really don't look good," I shiver when his hand gently brushes against my bruised cheek.

"What else would you expect from Drake?" I watch as Coles lips turn white as he clenches his jaw shut.

"Come on lets go for a walk." I stare at him slightly confused.

"Aren't you worried I'm going to get away?"

"Personally I'm not - I for one don't think you could make it very far in your state, and I also don't think you would be silly enough to try again after the last times." Gently he grasps my hands and pulls me to my feet. I stand there swaying on the spot as I try to regain my balance, "want some help?"

Smiling gently I nod at him and he places his good arm around my waist causing a tingling sensation to buzz through me. Silently we make our way outside into the heated desert, keeping my eyes glued to the ground I ignore the man beside me and instead I watch as our feet stir up dust below us, I wasn't sure where we were going but I just let him guide us without paying much attention.

Suddenly my stomach lets out a loud growl and I can feel my face flush red in embarrassment, "hungry?" Cole chuckles at me as we walk towards a large open tent. I smile at him and gently nod my head. I can't even remember the last time I actually ate real food, which was a first for me. Looking back on it know I could see how spoilt I was back in the castle, I could get anything I wanted whenever I wanted.

As we walk under the cover I nearly moan as the smell of fresh food being cooked, I had no idea what it was but it smelt heavenly. Cole pulls out a seat at a small table and sets me down in it. "Just wait here and I'll be back." He grins at me and walks over to a towering man leaning over a cooking pot. They speak quietly to each other before Cole is passed a bowl.

"Here you go princess."

"Thank you," I grin at him as he puts the food in front of me, I study the stew inside for a few seconds before hurriedly grabbing a spoonful and shovelling it inside my mouth. As I ate in a very un-lady like manner Cole sat across from me looking faintly amused.