Chapter Nineteen

A week had passed and Maddy still hadn't spoken to anyone in Jacobs squad. She was convinced he'd tried to humiliate her on purpose. Now, she only hung out with Mark and his squad, and they were considered an item.

Maddy's POV

As I was walking home from school I heard footsteps running up behind me. It'd better not be Caitlin and Ed.

     I turned around. It was Caitlin and Ed.

     "Maddy!" I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!" Why haven't you been talking to us?" Caitlin exclaimed in an overly cheerful tone.

     I rolled my eyes. "It's pretty clear that you guys don't want to talk to me" I said.

     "Are you still mad about the sand?" Ed asked. "It was an accident. Jacob's really sorry about it"

     "If he's so sorry why didn't he try to apologize instead of sending you guys to harass me?" I spat. We'd finally reached my house, allowing me to have some peace and quiet.

I wish Jacob was sorry. I really liked him.

But I had Mark now. And he really liked me. He wouldn't try to humiliate me. But he wasn't Jacob.

Later in the night, I got a text from Mark. There was a soccer game in an hour and he's the team captain. He asked me if I wanted to go.

I wasn't really one for watching soccer games, so I declined.

I kept thinking, if it was Jacob's game, would I have gone?

Hey guys! Thank you so much for 1k reads! I had no idea this story would get so many thank you so much! Love you :)