Chapter 3: Images

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3: Images.

[im·age]  - A mental representation; idea; conception. An optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface

My mirror image today is more taunting as I look into the glass surface of a shop window, the monster inside me looks more alive, more ugly; this is my image, a disgusting monster filled with disaster.

I imagine sometimes that my image appeared differently, but it never works; I am a monster and that is my image, how I am perceived.

I am lonely today, I don’t usually socialise, not after what happened with Georgia and how she ditched me for her popular friends, I guess in her view my image was more disgusting than the monster I actually am.

I walk by the empty streets, I skipped school today, but I really don’t care, if mum doesn’t have to care then I shouldn’t either. I start to kick a pebble along an old forgotten path, then I look around; I’m no longer near the shops at the street, no I’m in an abandoned park, like always, I’m alone.

I think sometime, that maybe if I kept my mouth shut when I was young, and didn’t tell my parents the image I saw in the mirror, if I hadn’t have told them about that monster, would dad be here now, would he, or would he have left no matter what. But I question sometimes as to why he left, my uncle always left me dazed and confused when I asked him stuff about him and what dad did when they were younger; both my dad and uncle left me with riddles I could never solve.

I walk towards the small pond and look at myself, but what stuns me is, I can see me, not the monster, well half of me, the monster is still at bay. The half of me that isn’t the monster has wary and distance eyes, a cold expression and a sad frown, whilst the image of my monster is struggling, but what for, I wouldn’t know. I look up at the sound of birds flying past; I wish sometimes to be a bird, to be free, just to fly.

I look back down at the ponds image of me, the monster is back, it looks worse for wear, something happened and I’m not sure what.

I look at me once more and wish I never had a reflection, then I wouldn’t have to see it, the monster who holds me captive, no I wish I didn’t have a mirror image.

_____________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is shorter, but hopefully the next one might be longer, fingers crossed. Emma will be writing the next one, well I'm pretty sure anyway.

Have a brillant week.

Be who you are, because there's no one better to be you, than you.

~Jess & Em