Chapter 4: Reflection

Dedicated to one of our followers, hope you like this chapter. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4: Reflection.

To wish and to want are very similar things, as I say, I want no reflection and I wish to have no reflection, no matter what I wish or what I want, it is always inevitable, I’ll always have a reflection; and I truly wish that I didn’t.

Mum, she was crying today, when I went to comfort her, she told me that it was my fault and only my fault, she told me, to go away and ‘play’ with my reflection. This killed me a little more inside; she hates me, especially after father left.

I trudged to my room, upset and disappointed in myself; how had mum had a child like me, a monster. All I was good for was, nothing, truly and honestly, nothing. I walked to my glass mirror to see how I looked, but I already knew, I was the monster and that is how I would stay, because after all I ruined everything, didn’t I? Surely this monster, this creature, not me, but the monster who inhabits me, the monster will win, this time evil shall prevail.

I look at me then, my image, I’m worse; I look horribly dreadful, hateful eyes glare at me, but the lips are turned up in a devious smile, a taunting one; it knows it’s winning and I find that horrible, a few days ago I saw the monster struggle and now it is strong again, in more control then before; maybe it was an act, the struggling, to give me false hop, to show that I had a possible chance, when in reality I did not. What ever happened to ‘good shall conquer all’?

With a dastardly pale face, her teeth, the monsters lengthen and her expression turns to fear; why is she scared, after all I’m the cowardly reflection not her.

Her fear quickly diminishes and her face grows veins of dark streams, they are like threads winding their way to the top and then with an outstretched hand she writes something on the mirror, but it backwards; then it starts to reform and turn so I can read it, in spidery lettering it says.

You are nothing but my reflection.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hiya, so random peeps of Wattpad, how are you?

Well as you know (actually you probably don't) Emma, (Corpsebride) is going to publish her story soon but she is absolutely petrified, she's scared you guys won't like it; so if you have any advice or tips please help her out and encourage her to publish it, once she does she'll have you people to thank.

Okay, so these chapters, as I said, are going to be short but they'll become longer when we get to the core of the story.

Anyway, have a lovely day.

Stay the way you are.

~Jess & Em