CHAPTER TWO

The next few weeks after the encounter went pretty normal

The next few weeks after the encounter went pretty normal. Cove went to school, did his work, then came home and either did homework or attended football practice. Pretty simplistic if you ask him. There also hasn't been much of an effort to reunite with man Cove met at the club. Actually, Cove's forgotten about him; only really thinking of him when he's in bed at night, left alone to his thoughts.

Vicky and Danny haven't really brought him up either, but then again, they haven't really been hanging out all that much due to the finals coming up, oh, and Cove's birthday is pretty soon also.

Luckily, they've all been let off on study leave now for an entire 2 months until the exam. That's eight fucking weeks! Not to sound too conceited -- Cove is more than sure he'll pass; he's top in almost every class! He still has to attended school every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for football practice and stay extra late on Wednesday for the Book Club which he runs.

He doesn't want to go back to school, but being apart of the school's club community really helps when writing out a good CV - makes it seem as though he's enthusiastic, which is always a plus.

He's not too sure about what universities he wants to attend, but his dad is pretty adamant that it's going to be Yale. Cove, himself, has been looking abroad. I mean, he loves America, but he wishes to explore other opportunities involving his education. He's been thinking about Oxford over in Britain; Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich located in Switzerland and finally, University of Toronto in Canada. He's been given a pending place in each University, solely on the basis that he get the grades that he's been predicted by his teachers and past examination papers.

Currently, he's laying on his bed, perched upwards so that his back is leaning on the headboard and his -not all that great- HP laptop sat on his lap. Danny is also lying by his feet, glued into his phone. Vicky, fortunately, is ill - serves her right really for deciding to eat a week-old pizza.

Scrolling through his Facebook, he takes notice of a party being held close to the City. "Hey", he says trying to catch Danny's attention. When Danny's eyes flicker to his,  he says: "You heard of Ben's party tonight?"

"Uhm, yeah actually. Didn't think you'd be interested in any of his drug-fuelled parties to be honest".

Cove huffs and closes his laptop, setting it next to him on the nightstand. "Yeah, well it doesn't mean I'll be touching any of that shit. He's a teammate and he invited me, therefore I must go." He smiles sweetly at Danny, "Its courtesy".

Danny scoffs. "It's courtesy", he mocks in a funny voice and rolling his eyes as Cove chuckles.

"Here", Cove says, chucking the TV remote towards Danny who swiftly catches it with one hand. "Turn on the telly, I wanna know what the weathers gonna' be like next week".