A Mess of Words

I remember a time when I felt normal.

It was long ago, when I was younger and didn't care about other peoples' opinions. But eventually, I grew up. My life became nothing but stress. I had to handle school and friends. Summer should be great, than, because it meant that I had to worry about, right? Unfortunately not. I become very bored, very easily. I would love to take walks around my neighborhood, but unfortunately, due to the place I live in, I'm not allowed to.

It's been this way for years. And I feel trapped, both from walking freely and having a free mind. I'm afraid that I'll feel trapped no matter where I go. And that scares me. I just want to feel free. But I'm too stuck in my own mind and bound to the rules of the authority in my life.

And I wish I could just break through the barrier within my mind that holds me back. But it's become too powerful for me to break. I had no choice but to wave the white flag and give in to the endless suffering. And don't tell me to 'just get over it,' because it's not something that I can. And it's hard to get over something that has taken you under it's wing and acts as a protector and mentor to you better than anyone else has.

I understand that this is nothing but a jumbled passage, but it makes sense to me. And that's what matters, right? That at least I understand my own words? Tell that to society. Tell society that we can listen to ourselves without it's influences. Tell society that you can be happy as you are without have to gain/lose a couple pounds.

Tell society all this and more. If you can. Society has put up a barrier to block it from the real world. Society turns away from the shouts and pleads of the common people. Society covers its ears and screams back, telling us to pay attention to the words it's saying. Society doesn't give a damn about anyone unless you fit its mold of perfection.

Yet that mold tears people apart until they aren't beautiful.

1:09 am