N

CAN

I woke up yet again at 8 a.m., my mom in the chair beside my bed, my food tray in front of me and my assorted juices. I was hoping for grits. To my dismay, no, there were no grits. Only a pretty large bagel, a variety of cream cheeses, and two sausage links. My mom decided to go get her some normal food, I don't know I guess she wanted food from McDonald's or something. I grabbed my water from the table and my cups and mixed myself some sparkling pineapple juice. It was pretty good. I again played the ukulele and ate. Bite, chord, bite bite, chord chord, bite, chord, and so on.  I was done way before my mom got back. She walked in and said, "I'm so sorry I took so long. I ran into an old friend but on the bright side, I got you your favorite. " she handed me a Mocha Iced Coffee from Burger King. "THANK YOUU!" and i practically inhaled it.

Eden came yet again but this time around 4, so after my lunch. Lunch was my requested meal. I chose a PB&J, blue jello, and a Pepsi.

"You ever gonna sing along with the uke?" Eden asked.

"I don't know. I'm not the best singer ever."

"Well you're awesome, I know that much."

"Thanks. I might try it."

"Try it now. Sing and play your favorite."

So I did.

"Harmony...you're awesome!"

"Thanks!"
Eden stayed until my mom left. My mom took her home. My nurse came in again to plug me up and ask me if I want anything. "Blue popsicle?" I nodded. She went to go get it and came back 5 minutes later. I watched my cartoons, ate my popsicle, and fell asleep.