Chapter 1

Hey, guys! This is my first story on Wattpad - hope you like it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1

Lonely. Hopeless. Dreary. That’s how I would describe my life if someone were to ask. But then again, there was no one there who would bother to ask, unless you count my parents. Whenever they ask how I am feeling, or how I am doing, my answer is always the same. The same faked answer of how I'm perfectly fine, even though I'm not.

My name is June Prescott. I’m fifteen years old. I like to consider myself quiet and conservative. I like to read, gaze out my window, and draw. I like to draw things that I have yet to see. I like to draw life. I have not seen life before, so therefore I must draw it.

I suppose I would be your typical quiet girl who sits in the corner and keeps to herself, but how would I know? The only way I can learn to characterize myself is through books. You see, I have this problem. A malfunction, a power… whatever you want to call it. I can turn invisible. I’m sure a lot of people would love to have this problem/malfunction/power; however, I can’t control it. I don’t decide when I suddenly turn invisible – it just happens.

I’ve been stuck in my house for as long as I remember. My parents say that I’ve been turning invisible off and on ever since I was three. I never went to see anyone about my invisibility – only my dad. He’s a scientist, constantly doing experiments… on me. We came to the conclusion that my “malfunction” was due to a mutation.

And due to this mutation, I can’t live. Meaning, I can’t go “see the world.” I’m not allowed to go outside nor have any relations with the outside world. It’s like I don’t even exist, and I hate it.

I wish I was a normal girl. There isn’t a day that goes by without me daydreaming about what my life would be like without this mutation. I would go to public school, have lots of friends, travel the world…. if only.

My parents try their best to keep me happy. We have this huge house on a private beach that’s complete with a pool, bowling alley, library – you name it. As long as no one sees me, my parents want me to have a taste of what kids my age would normally do.

I feel like my existence is a burden to my parents as well as myself. Although they still have relations with the outside world, I have to hide whenever we have guests come over. I hide in my bedroom that’s concealed by a bookshelf in the library.

I don’t really expect anything to change. I’m completely accustomed to going by unnoticed by the world. But there’s just this tiny sliver of hope that I always hang onto. The tiny sliver of hope that maybe… maybe someday… I’ll finally be free.

-------------------------------------------------------

Short chapter, I know. The purpose is to pretty much introduce the main character.(: I hope you liked it!