Chapter Nine

"It's a pleasure to meet you... Your Highness." I pass a kind smile as Haruka as he rises from his bow. Positioning his arm that crossed over his chest to fall loosely down his side.

"The same to you, Lord Haruka. I'm glad to finally meet one of the many Lord's that is often here at the castle. I look forward to seeing you here more often." I return, my arm no-longer wrapped around Izana, yet he's still planted firmly at my side.

A wine glassed filled with delicate white wine in my left hand, taking a faint sip before keeping my smile still on my lips. "I have to greet the other Lords and Ladies here, perhaps we can speak later, Haruka?" I finish, gaining a nod in response before patting Izana's arm.

He raises an eyebrow in question before a faint chuckle leaves my lips. Clicking my fingers softly as Colletto who is still planted at my feet glance up to me, her ears flickers before walking off. Myself following behind her as Izana stays behind with Haruka.

An hour or two has passed, and I've greeted many of the people who have attended. Ladies, Lords – although, I still have many to meet including Raji who's been conversing with Zen, Shirayuki and his ide's since the events beginning.

Appetizers have been handed out by the staff, seeming to be going down extremely well, wine also – which happens to one of my favourites. The string quartet have been playing non-stop, with peaceful, and graceful music that fills the background, leaving the silence to be forgotten.

The first half an hour I spent with a group of Ladies, just conversing casually. No form of forms, requests or anything work related. We laughed, joked and just enjoyed it, before I returned to Izana's side to begin greeting the others.

"First Prince, Raji." I state, said prince's body tensing before relaxing, turning around and my eyes spot the slight scared tint in his features - although they are being masked as best as possible.

I chuckle into my spare hand before lowering it to clasp my hand onto my gown, curtsying. The other still holding the wine glass, no form of liquid spilling from the beautifully designed glass.

Colletto, sitting down at my side, narrowed eyes at Raji, I can already see she doesn't like him, I mean, she's silently snarling. Now that's worrying.

"Ah.. Yes... First Princess Kireina. It's an absolute pleasure to meet you." Raji replies, bowing. My eyes catching Zen, Shirayuki, Mitsuhide and Kiki nodding in acknowledgement.

"I appreciate you being able to attend, due to our countries far distances, our families have only met once or twice before, but that was too long for me to remember, you were simply an infant while I was only turning nine." I tilt my head slightly, my toes curling.

"Agreed... I've heard about an agreement between Clarines and Valvious from my Father... But that is all I heard, no form of details were shared so I was quite... surprised?" He replies, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I'm surprised, Raji. Despite not having been here long, news travels fast, so I do know quite a lot about your actions and I'm proud to say congratulations on finally beginning to take your role seriously. I remember the letter my father gained from your own saying about it." I smile softly.

Well, it isn't a lie. My father read the letter to myself and Eliva about Raji a few months prior to this moment. While, Izana has given me extra details on his actions between him and Shirayuki.

I watch his form return to the rigid figure. "No need to panic, Raji, I mean my words whole-heartedly. I look forward to hearing more about your accomplishments." He nods slowly as my eyes turn towards the group behind him. His eyes following mine.