Chapter 8

“Hurry up Dylan, we need to be getting to the airport.” I shout, walking out the front door, waiting for my brother. Today was the day Luke, Ashton, Calum, and Michael were leaving for America for the Take Me Home tour with One Direction. All the boys were riding with their families so I was going to be picking up Halston and Lexa and we’d all meet up at the airport.

Dylan ran out the door, locking it behind him, and came out to my car. With a few minutes of driving, we got to Halston’s house.

“Hey hey girlie.” Halston said, getting into the car. “And hello Dylan.”

“Hi Hallie!” Dylan said, then returned to his video game. Damn Michael got my little brother hooked on Pokémon.

“God I look terrible.” Halston said, looking at herself in a mirror.

“Are you kidding?! You look amazing Hal.”

“Thanks. I’m just really nervous to see Ashton. We had a bit of a fight last night, and I don’t know where our relationship stands.” Halston said, playing with her blonde curls.

“Did you break up?!”

“Not exactly. Neither of us said we wanted to end it but we haven’t talked since. I was upset about him leaving and other stuff and you know how Ashton is, he tries to make everyone happy but it wasn’t working then somehow we got angry at each other. Has he talked to you?"

“No, I haven’t talked to him since I picked Dylan up last night.”

“I just hate how we fought right before he’s going to be leaving for months. I don’t want this to be the way we say goodbye.”

“I’m sure everything will be alright. You and Ashton have gotten through worse together.” I smile towards Hal, trying to make her feel better.

“Yeah, you’re right.. I’m sorry Kays, me rambling about my petty problems. How are you doing sweetie?”

“Alright considering the situation.”

“Have you heard anything from your dad since yesterday?”

“No... and how do you know about that?”

“Oh, Ashton told me. I hope that’s okay.”

“Yeah I was going to tell you and Lex today anyways.”

I turned on some music as we were on our way to pick up Lexa. About five miles passed and we were to her house.

“Hey there my peeps.” Lexa said while getting in the back seat near Dylan. “Oh this is my favorite song from the boys! Turn it up!”

As Lexa requested, I turned up my music to Unpredictable as we were off to the airport. We get to a stop light with the windows down and us shout singing 5SOS’ song.

“HEY WE’RE TAKING ON THE WORLD, I’LL TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO.”

I look over to see a familiar car with an even more familiar face looking through the passenger seat window as they roll it down.

“Jamming out to our songs I see.” Michael says from the car on the side of us.

“Michael!!! Yes, yes we are.” I shout over the loud music and laughter.

“This is how we are coping with you leaving today.” Lexa said to Michael from the back seat car window.

Michael laughed before the light turned green and we were both off to the airport. Halston, Lexa, and I all couldn’t stop laughing at what just happened. Out of all people, Michael was right there to watch us make fools of ourselves.