Chapter 12

As we walk into the giant store, my eyes widen at all these new things. Some of the people in here surprise me even more. I’ve never been to a Walmart before but I have sure heard about it. I don’t get why some put so much hype into it. As a middle aged man walks by, eying me, I give him a disgusted look and pull Dylan closer to me.

“Watch where your eyes go, buddy.” Dylan turns to the man walking the opposite direction. Seeing my seven year old brother saying that, protecting me, it made me gasp. I laugh as I look down at Dyl.

“What… I didn’t like the way he was looking at you.” Dylan admits, seeing my surprised reaction.

“I love you lil bro.” I giggle and pull Dylan closer. I love how much he looks over me, he is such a sweet little one.

As we follow our dad, not having any clue where everything was or where he was leading us, we enter a home and décor isle, “Okay, look around and see if there is anything you would like. I’m going to look at something else, stay here and I will be back soon.” Dad said before walking off. As I look around at all the things, the possibilities are endless. My last room was pretty much black and pink but I could do something completely different. My room is purple so I decide to stick with things along the line of that.

I end up finding some really cute black and white patterned bed sheets and some black picture frames. I’m really not sure what else I would want, this felt different. I’m not too comfortable in that house yet, it just doesn't feel right. I’ve only spent last night in it, considering we just moved in yesterday, and I spent most of the night crying. I just miss everyone, I just wish I could go back home, my real home. With the ones I love. Not even twenty-four hours in this town and I get checked out by some pedophile dude in Walmart. I really miss my friends and family, I just want to go back. Why do I have to be here, I could be back in Australia having a movie marathon with Halston and Lexa.

Halston and Lexa.

I just realize I haven’t talked to either of them since we said our last goodbyes at the airport. I pull out my phone to send them both a quick text.

“I miss you. xx”

I send to both of them as I put my phone back into my pocket, not paying attention to the body I then collide into.

“Oh my god, I am so sorry, I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going.” The petite girl says while helping me pick up the things I dropped.

“No, it was my fault, I wasn’t paying attention.” I say as we both get up.

“Woah wait, Kaysee Holland..?”

“Uhm yeah.” I reply. The fact this girl knows me caught me off guard.

“Oh my.. I knew you were moving to America but I didn’t know you were moving here. That is so cool.” The girl beams while pulling her blonde hair behind her ear. “Sorry I must sound like a creep, I’m a big fan of 5SOS and… well, you know.” She smiles, faint freckles cover her cheeks and nose.

“Oh! That’s awesome, I didn’t know there were fans here.” I smile back.

“Yeah, there’s a slim amount of us but here I am! I’m Becca by the way.” She smiles, this time revealing braces.

As we talk a bit, I feel my phone vibrate. I pull it out to see a text from Lexa:

“We miss you too Kays! <3 – Lex and Hal. x”

They were hanging out, I wish I could be there. I do really miss them so much, I’m just glad I heard back from them.

“You miss living in Sydney, don’t you.” Becca somewhat asks, obviously reading my facial expressions from Lexa’s text.