Chapter Nine: Allured

Julian and Albert talk while on their way home from the pizza place. Julian mentions how Nick might be a good fit for the band, so they decide to let him try out and hear his sound. Julian smiles, while staring at his shoes. He can't get Gemma out of his head.

Albert can tell that Julian and Gemma still have feelings for each other. He doesn't really know what happened between them, but it was obvious at the table that they couldn't resist each other.

Albert laughs, "Jules don't kill me." he says. "But, I gave Gemma a copy of 'Alone, Together'."

"Fuck you, Albert. No you didn't." Julian says, getting worried. He really hoped Albert didn't pull that. Julian poured his feelings out into that song and he wasn't sure if he wanted Gemma to read it.

Albert nervously chuckles, "I did- don't worry I don't think she actually read it." he says. That was true. Gemma read only the title and then slipped it away in her side table. She hasn't touched it since Albert gave it to her.

Julian shakes his head. "I could kill you man." Julian couldn't be too mad at his buddy, since deep down he knew Albert was trying to do him a favor. Maybe it even worked or maybe it changed nothing.

Gemma is heading home as she glances down at her phone. It was late and she knew her mom was going to be mad at her. They never did patch up their issues and technically, Gemma was still grounded. She didn't care because she wanted to be with Julian. When she gets home, her mother is standing in the kitchen. As she walks in more to take off her shoes, she sees that Brian is also sitting beside her. They are silent and it was making Gemma nervous.

"Mind telling me where you were, when you were supposed to be home?"

"Sorry. I went out." Gemma says.

Her mother looks furious. "You need to learn to respect me in this house. You are grounded."

Gemma rolls her eyes. She's screaming within. She hated these talks with her mom, despised them, and the fact that Brian would be sitting there made her more mad.

"I know mom, Jesus." Gemma says. "Can I go upstairs now?"

Gemma glances at her mom before Brian decides to open his mouth, "Are you listening to your mother?" he says, calmly. It didn't matter how he spoke, Gemma was pissed. She didn't know anything about the guy or why he felt the need to speak on a subject that had nothing to do with him. Gemma doesn't even acknowledge his comment.

"I'm not talking to you, mom about this- I don't care anymore." Gemma says. Her mom didn't have a clue about anything going on in her life, which was exactly the problem.

"Well, you're going to learn to care."

Gemma turns and walks upstairs, slamming the door. She can hear her mom and Brian mumbling downstairs- they're mumbling about her and why she could be acting out. Gemma doesn't care, she's miserable, and hates being at home.