Chapter 1.

Judy's POV

The day started out slow, few reports and cases popped up. A couple of animals milled around, waiting to be served. Clawhauser sat at the front desk, his "I love Gazelle" perched in front of him, full of steamy coffee. I walked through the glass doors, slouching by the frame was a red fox, his fur sent off bright sparks from the sunlight that filtered in. He smirked and looked over at me, his eyebrows peaked.

"Hey Nick!" I called; he joined me as I walked towards my desk. Papers were littered over the whole surface, finished and yet-to-be-finished. With a sigh, I plopped down in my rolling chair, it lightly squeaked as it inched towards the desk. I started to file out the reports, mostly petty thefts and robberies. A rough-furred head lay on the top of my head. I rolled my eyes, trying to focus on my files. Not giving Nick the chance to annoy me.

"Can I help you with something Nick?" I asked, still flipping through the massive pile of papers.

"Nope, don't need anything Carrots. Just watching you, there's not much to do right now anyways." He said, holding a bored tint to his voice. I smiled softly and laid my ears down.

"Go out on patrol, help me file these reports, there are plenty of things for you to do." I said, another report down, 34 to go. I groaned and slammed my fists on the table. Nick raised his head off mine; he knelt down next to my chair and looked to me with a brow raised questionably.

"You alright there Fluff?" He asked, a grin spreading over his face. I growled under my breath.

"Why are you still here?" I asked, my patience waning by every second. He took a portion of the papers and walked towards his desk. With a fleeting grin and wink, he was at his desk. I smiled, a light sensation of heat entering my cheeks. Maybe he isn't such a bad partner after all.