Chapter 3.

Judy's POV

He said yes! What do I do now? I felt my heart start to stutter, would this change what friendship we already had? I shook my head and stared out the window as Nick neared my apartment. We got out and walked up the stairs to my apartment, number 6. I smiled and opened the door and walked to the kitchen.

"I should get you your own key then." I called from the kitchen as I rummaged through my cabinets. Carrot chips, veggie straws, and the likes littered the shelves. I went to the refrigerator and saw the carrot cake I baked a couple of days ago. I grabbed it and placed it on the counter.

"You want any carrot cake Nick?" I asked, turning towards him, he was lounging on the couch, flipping through the TV channels. I smiled, his eyebrow cocked and he shrugged.

"Sure. But are you sure you want to eat some? Isn't that considered cannibalism Carrots?" He smirked, his look sending shivers through my body. I laughed softly and cut two pieces of the cake. I brought them over and handed him the plate, his soft paw lightly touched mine as he took the plate from my paw.

"Thanks Carrots." He grinned; I sat next to him, a pillow-length between us. He may be living with me, but I'm not going to hop in bed with him the first night. I blushed just thinking about it. The cake tasted pretty good, I never really baked especially since I mostly ate vegetables and healthy foods. Sugar was never a big thing to me. Nick on the other paw was always eating something with sugar or the word "high fructose corn syrup" in it. I rolled my eyes, even though he ate things like that, he was still in shape. Though he could use some more muscle on his arms, I glanced over at him and saw that his shirt rose up over his flat stomach. The red fur covered strong, tense muscles. Heat rose into my cheeks and I quickly looked back to the TV. Nothing but commercials played on the channel; some were trying to sell you a product that they claimed was a "miracle." I wasn't buying it, but whatever. Others displayed brightly lit restaurants, beckoning you with extravagant meals and dishes. Nick shook his head slightly.

"Look at all these animals. Saying that their restaurant is the best in Zootopia. Yeah, sure. What a scam." He said, going for another bite of cake. I scoffed, unable to control my amusement.

"Really Nick? You were a freaking popsicle-hustler, and you're cutting these animals down for trying to promote their businesses?" I laughed, he grinned and put his plate down on the small coffee table in front of us.

"Yeah, I guess I forgot about that part of me. Seems so long ago when I was with Finnick and we were conning animals. Then you came along with the Night Howler case and you changed me. For the better of course." He smiled, genuinely, not his usual smirk and lazy-eyed look. I punched him playfully in the arm.

"Of course it was for the better." I grinned and returned the plates to the kitchen sink. Nick's eyes started drooping and I went to the couch.

"Tired Nick?" I asked, cocking a brow. He grinned and leaned his head on his paw.

"Yeah, is it such a crime for me to be tired after a long day at work?" He asked innocently, holding a paw over his heart, his ears laid back. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, where do you want to sleep? You get first pick, bed or couch? Doesn't matter to me." I asked, my paws on my hips. He put a single finger on his chin, as though I asked a philosophical question that would determine the fate of Zootopia.

"Hmm... Couch means that I could wake up and immediately start watching TV, which is a plus. Or I could sleep in bed with you, which is a big plus." He smirked, my cheeks heated up immensely. I waved my paws and shook my head.

"Woah, woah. Alright. No that is not happening, if you want the bed, you shall be sleeping alone Nicholas. We will not be sleeping together." I said, my blush still bright on my face. He raised his paws in surrender.

"Okay, I get it. Eh, I'll take the couch." He said, starting to remove his shirt. My eyes widened and he gave me a wink. Another wave of heat collided my face.

"What? Like what you see Carrots?" He asked, flexing his arms, which weren't too bad looking. I rolled my eyes again and started to walk towards the bedroom.

"Night Nick." I called over my shoulder. I heard a chuckle.

"Goodnight Judy."