Chapter 2.

Nick's POV

That smile always made me happy. No matter what was happening, she could always make me feel like everything was right with the world. I finished the last page of the reports I took from Judy. Light footsteps pattered towards my desk and I swung around in my chair. Her uniform fit perfectly on her lithe body, amethyst eyes gazed at me with admiration and determination. God, she's beautiful.

"Nick! Earth to Nick!" Judy sang, waving a grey paw in front of my face. I regained my composure quickly and gave her my half-lidded look and grin. She rolled her eyes.

"Are you done with the reports?" She asked, walking to my desk. Her paws filtered expertly through the pages, her eyes scanning over them in quick glances.

"Done with everything Carrots. Ready to go home?" I said, starting to gather my things. I noticed something orange clipped to Judy's utility belt. It was the carrot-recording pen; I smiled and unclipped it swiftly.

"Still have this, huh Fluff?" I asked, twirling it between my fingers. Judy turned around and her eyebrows rose. A light tint showed on her face, I grinned.

"Yeah. I mean, why would I get rid of it?" She asked as she filed the papers into sections before turning them into the Chief.

"Alright, lets go Carrots." I said, returning the carrot pen to her clip. She started walking towards the office, the papers balanced carefully in her paws. I grinned and walked to the door. Judy handed the papers in and walked over to me. She smiled and stood by my side.

"Ready to go?" I asked, flicking my eyebrow up in question. She nodded and we walked together towards the cruiser.

"Hey, uh, I was thinking that maybe you could stay in my apartment for a while." She said carefully, like she was testing each word before she spoke. I grinned and opened my door and slipped in.

"Taking things to the next level Carrots?" I asked, leaning my head on my paw that was perched on the armrest. A bright blush appeared on her face and cheeks. I chuckled slightly.

"Be careful, if you start blushing anymore, I might start calling you tomato or strawberry." I said and flashed her a toothy grin.

"Sure, lets try it out." I said, leaning my muzzle towards her. Judy smiled broadly and flung her arms around my neck. I smiled and hugged her back. A light scent of warm vanilla and lemon filled my nostrils and I let it fill me with warmth.