Chapter two

Jade didn't sleep a lot that night,

sitting against her door with dry tears. It's five am, her dad had woken up two hours after Jade came home.

He was listening to music all night, almost, but now the music had stopped, it has been three hours since it stopped.

He is most likely past out on the couch again.

Jade walks over to the bathroom. Cleaning her face then taking a quick shower. Because Jade doesn't have anything to do today, normally is asleep five am, she decided to go for a jog.

It's very peaceful outside, birds chirping like the day before. Jade isn't the best at running but I takes practice, she'll get there.

She runs over a bridge listening to music in her earphones, Jade stops running when something interesting catches her eyes.

There are group of men, wearing all black by the lake on the side of the bridge.

The men are holding a life size bag and throwing it into the lake, Jade takes her earphones out to try to listen what they are saying.  She doesn't hear anything and decides to wait until they are gone.

When they're gone she paces to the lake where the bag is. It seems like a body bag, but of course Jade's mind would think of that.

Jade throws her phone and earphones on the grass, and steps into the cold water. She exhales slowly, hoping to dear God that the thing inside Isn't what she thinks.

She could barely drag the heavy bag up onto the grass. Jade bends down to the bag, she tucks her hair behind her ear then puts her head on the zipper.

She clears her throat, slowly zipping down the bag. She has a little tickely feeling on her back, excitement.

Jade pulls down the zipper and her eyes froze open, she stands up in a fast motion, her face becoming pale.

Before she could do anything two arms grip her, one across her chest and one covering her mouth.

"shhh!" The grip is tight, "calm down."

Jade recognizes the british voice. She doesn't stop moving, she's trying to free herself from his grasp. Her body is also in shock, trembling with fear. Jade is looking at a bloody body.

"h-he's d-dead!" She blurts.

The person holding her is strong, stopping her from moving. Jade tears up, "He's dead."

"yeah, I know. Now calm the fuck down!" He cusses.

Jade closes her eyes and slows down her breathing to a normal pace.  

She falls out of his grasp. She turns around meeting with blue eyes.
"how are you so calm about this?" she exclaims.

The boy stands there with a brooding expression, taller than her. He's wearing same clothes as yesterday, black hoodie and black pants. He comes off as intimidating and mysterious.

"Just walk away and pretend you didn't see anything" he demands.
Jade is utterly baffled, "what do you mean" she points to the body "this is a dead body and  I'm pretty sure that it isn't normal to see dead bodies laying in lakes!" she exclaims.