Chapter four

Jade wakes up uncomfortably by violent knocks on her door

She lies still for couple of minutes, it's her day off and all she wants to to this afternoon is sleep.

After pulling herself out of bed, and getting dressed, she walks to the kitchen.

She turns to the kitchen and drops her phone, she's startled because of two police officer in her kitchen

"good morning honey, could you sit down with us, for a bit?" her father asks, she could feel that he is nervous, but why?

Is sit down gently and wait for what the police officers have to say.

She can't help herself but to sweat, her cheeks becoming red, while the rest of her face pale. That last time she saw a police officer was when her mother died, was murdered.

"where were you this Friday?" the officer asks, keeping steady eye contact with her. Friday was the day before Jade found the body.

"Working"

"at Pete's diner?"

"yes."

The officer look over to the other one then back to her, "do you recall of serving someone out of the ordinary?" he asks.

Jade swallows the lump in her throat and responds, "no, it was my first day."

The officers apologize and then leave, shortly after her father leaves too, he says he's going grocery shopping.

She feels the urge to tell Simon what had happen with the police but she know she'll not find him now, she'll have to wait for tonight.

Until then she takes a bath and cleans the apartment a bit, before getting a text from Josh. He asks her out on a date and she says yes.

Jade walks to a place she is sure she'll find him, the alley near the diner. When getting closer to it she sees a group of people in a circle.

Her eyes widen as what she's witnessing, In a fast motion she sees a group of people surrounding something, the circles breaks as a boy flies out of it, with Simon following. He paces to him, hostile, with bulging eyes and dilated nostrils.

The boy is completely terrified, "you got the wrong guy! He says as he almost pleads for his life.

"stop!" Jade screams at them, making everyone who was it the circle glare at her. The rude boy from the diner, who Jade has heard being called Lewis speaks, "Who invited the slutty waitress?" he laughs and looks to the others.

Lewis then paces up to Her, "leave bitch-"

"I'll take care of it"

Simon stops Lewis, walking away from the terrified boy, who stands up and runs away. Lewis glares at Simon then backs off, "fine, take her somewhere else!"

Jade looks at Simon with downturned lips, horrified but confused at the same time. When she saw him smile the other day, he seemed so nice, genuine.

He glares at her with his bloody lip and messy hair, "what."

Her gaze shifts to the ground, "I-I just came to tell you that the police were at my apartment-and I-"

"what, what did you say?" He asks forcefully. "nothing, I just told them I was working, they asked if I saw something out of the ordinary and I told them no"

"Good." He states his face shifting from a worried looks to brooding. If he didn't do it then why does he care so much about this? And Jade's involvement.