Chapter 18 Agony & Mistakes?

They were looking, looking for my dad, but why? how did they know I worked there! If I haven't gone to work this hopefully wouldn't have happened.

I had stopped crying and screaming, Simon was still hugging me tight rocking me side to side to calm me down.

I was absolutely speechless why did this have to happen? I looked back to the time when I first moved to this town and my first day at work, I was so pure and innocent, I tried to shoot a man today!

"Let's get out of here" Simon whispers. I take a deep breath and nod.

We get back to his place. "This was too close!" Simon starts "what?" I say. "For god sakes Jade you could almost died! Why didn't you call me?" He ads "Are you serious?" I say "for fuck sakes I tried oh, sorry that I was to busy trying to stay ALIVE!" I spat again

"you seriously can't be blaming me for all of this?!" I add. "I didn't say that! You should've called me!" Simon said, be we're both raising our voices. "If you die! I'll go out of my freaking mind! I couldn't live with myself!" He added.

"I don't need you to save me! I'm not yours to keep, okay?." I said. "Stop being so dramatic!" Simon yells "dramatic? Seriously Simon! My dad tried to get rid of me, my friend is dying at the hospital and there was a shoot out that I could've died off! And you're saying I'm dramatic?!" I yelled.

"I have I a lot on my mind! Okay!! And also I talked to max and he said you haven't talked to none of them for a long time!!" I said.

"what are you talking about" he asked impatient .

I feel my blood boiling the air was getting so heavy. "I know you did not meet your friends the other night!" I yelled. "You talked to max?!" He yelled angry. I take a minute to catch my breath..I look to the ground then at Simon..I take one step closer Simon

"don't you see what's happening between us?" I said calmly.

"What are you saying" Simon said calmly scared of what I was going to say next.

I take another step closer, face to face with Simon looking deep into his eyes. "We are keeping secrets from each other and trying to control each other, ......maybe with all that has been happening is too much for us....and maybe..us being together is making.. making it even harder.."

I say tearing up a little knowing what I was trying to say. This was for the best.

I get it's stupid that we are fighting because of tiny things..but still maybe it was for the best, or maybe this is just the tiredness and brokenness in me that's getting scared of losing him too.

He cleared his throat trying to avoid eye contact, I saw that he was tearing up to....

"Uhm, what- ah-wh-what are you trying to say.." He asks.

I take a step even closer breathing the same air.

"Maybe.....maybe with all of that has been happening...is making us more scared of losing...each other...and maybe it would be easier if we...if we end this"

I say almost whispering. I felt a heavy box around my heart.

"..okey..ya..fine, if-uh-if that's what you want.."

he says.

Everything was quiet..but our energy were trying to pull us closer.. there was tension in the air. Neither of us wanted this, but we had to try..at least?

We were doing the right thing, right?

I couldn't tell what was right or wrong anymore with all that has been going on I...I don't know anymore.

I know I love him and hopefully he loves me, was I making a big mistake?

"but um....I-I think it's best that we get out of here for the night..because It's not save..here" he says wiping his eye. I take some time to just look into his watery ocean blue eyes..

"ya.." I say and try to give him a small smile not showing my teeth.

We drove far away to this sorta motel for the night, I know they are going to come again for us it's just a matter of time that they take us with them.

we didn't speak the whole way over here.

Simon looked out of the window, there was only one bed. We were going to sleep together, for the last time. We both knew it.

I walked up behind him, he turned around.

I leaned in and kissed him. he kissed back. It was first sliw and soft with Ll of our sadness.

It was getting heated. We made out for a while our emotions being expressed, intensely. until we moved to the bed. He took of my top and I took his, breaking the kiss only for a second. I took off my jeans and laid back on the bed not breaking the kiss, he getting on top off me. He moved down to my neck

kissing every last part of it, for the last time.