Chapter 3

The thought of being a firstborn came into my mind. I mean they’re born out of love and hate, good and evil, angels and demons! They’re more superior than humans as my grandmother told but they’re only good for bedtime stories!

“Nice one, Rain. What would you tell me next? You crap from your mouth” I said with a sarcastic tone that I usually use when I’m really annoyed.

Author’s Note: Hate to say crap, but I think its fits the statement. (laughs)

“I’m serious,” he said with his eyes locked on mine. “Oh my, why are those eyes always intriguing?” I said to myself.

He put his hands on my shoulders and said, “Believe me, please”

“I believe you,” I said. I’m already lost for words. What the heck should I say? “You really have a lot of sense of humor.” or “I think I should cell my uncle. He’s a doctor and especially good with mentally challenged persons.”

“Jack did this,” he said it like a whisper but I managed to hear it pretty well.

“What?”

A sudden thought began forming in my mind. I began to sob. He thought would be ridiculously the INDIRECT cause of their deaths. I am the cause of their deaths.

“What is it?” he asked with curiosity in his eyes.

“I think I caused Jack to kill them. I told him to stand up to them, to stand up for his rights,” I didn’t even notice that he pulled me into him and he did something that shocked me to death. He hugged me. His hug wasn’t malicious or anything like it. It was a comforter’s hug. I pulled away and managed to thank him.

“Look,” he said and we (again) looked each other in the eye, “it’s not your fault. He just simply misunderstood what you said.”

“I still think it’s my fault,” I said. Something clicked in my head and an outrageous question busted out of my mouth.

“How was Jack, who was obviously a feet of two shorter than them, able to kill them,”

My mind said it was impossible but my heart told me to believe. He even cried for their death. I saw him do that; but, something deep inside my heart tells me the answer I’m looking for.

“He’s like us! Jack’s a Firstborn,” I said as I still find the idea amusing. Even the fact that I’m a firstborn still bugs my head. Now I understood my grandma and how my ears yearn for her ‘bedtime story’. I understand all of it now. I’ a Firstborn Descendant and Gaea is like my great great great (who know how many greats) grandmother!

“Correct. I think he let the inner demon in his blood to control him and with your words of encouragement added, he managed to kill them. I’m sorry, to mention what you did, but I think things will be much clearer if the truth is being displayed instead of just ignoring it”

“I understand”

There was a minute of silence. My mind’s still trying to eat up and digest what’s currently happening in my life.

“How about my parents? Are they Firstborns too? My grandmother told me once that the passing down of Adam and Eve’s blood is very complicated for words to explain.”

“It depends. Some of Adam and Eve’s children were ordinary humans considering the fact they were the first Firstborns. One of their children, a human, was blessed with two Firstborns. It’s complicated that way. If your heart, mind, and soul are qualified for Gaea’s standards and as long your parents carry the bloodline of a Firstborn, whether human or Firstborn are your parents, you can be a Firstborn.”