Chapter 2

“Ro, over here,” Miranda said while waiving her hand (like a fool) at a table. I saw Suzanne and Isaac also sitting on the table.

“Hi, guys. What’s new on the first day of school?” I asked each one of them.

“Except for Biology, I’d say well,” replied Isaac.

“Great, I mean vacation was so boring and I need a daily dose of learning,” replied Suzanne.

Miranda just stared at me, “How about your day, Ro? Was it nice with the new boy in school?”

Great that’s just what I need for lunch. A very intriguing question and answer portion with my BFF (a.k.a. The School’s Most Annoying Gossiper). I ignored her, naturally. She pisses me off sometimes (okay, maybe most of the time), though she’s the best when she’s not on her annoying mode.

“Where’s Jack?” I asked her.

“Haven’t seen him since morning,” she said.

“How about you guys,” I asked the Suzanne and Isaac who were (obviously) showing PDA (Public Display of Affection) Yup, they’re dating and officially more than friends a month ago in their vacation (together and not to mention ALONE) in a private camp owned by Isaac’s parents. Okay so they’re more than friends, that doesn’t mean they can do gross things publicly.

“Nope haven’t seen him,” Suzanne said

“Me too. Sorry I wasn’t any help,” Isaac replied.

“It’s okay, no harm done,” I replied.

All of the sudden, a girl screamed help and was very pale while standing at the door. She was so pale and scared that my hands began shaking too. Her eyes tell me that something terrible happened.

“Please help me,” she began to sob, “please, anyone come with me. My boyfriend and two of his friends were killed in the boy’s bathroom. It took them so long to go out and I asked someone to go inside for me. He just ran out screaming ‘help there’s blood everywhere’. Please help me.”

I remember her. She was Anne, the school’s lead singer in the school band. Her boyfriend, a total jerk, is a big and mean bully along with his two friends. I have gone through there silly pranks once. They sabotaged my experiment and got an F- in return. Those jerks still mess with everyone in the school (except for the popular, of course).

“Come on, “she screamed again and ran for the bathroom asking everyone to follow her.

Everyone was still in a shocked state. Neither one of us moved for a few seconds until someone managed to run out of the cafeteria following Anne. The rest of us followed. I could see Suzanne murmuring and complaining how this is just another prank. I mean she could be right. Anne was a good actress. I can prove that because were classmates last year in Drama. But, there is something that tells me this is not just a joke, it’s real.

We arrived at the bathroom just a couple of steps from the cafeteria and I can say it was like a Michael Jackson concert, crowded and full of people. All of my friends managed to get close to the dead bodies of the jerks. I pity them seeing them now. Their eyes were wide open, only it’s blank. Their mouths were open and were shaped terribly as if they have undergone terrible pain. They were swimming in the pool of their own blood. It was a terrible sight to see.

I saw my friends and almost everyone staring at the wall near the dead bodies. I was shocked too well to see writings in blood were on the wall. “SEE HELL JERKS”. Those were the exact words. I wonder who would do this terrible act. I mean I know they’re jerks and they must pay for their prank and all but, they did not do something that made them deserve this kind of torture. I swear I could see bite marks in their neck. Vampires. That brought me back to the time my grandmother was telling me the story about the Firstborns.