Chapter 2

We began hanging out almost everyday since neither of us ever had plans. Exactly the day of our one month anniversary of being friends, Steven pulled me outside at lunch. "You want to hangout tonight? My house?" He asked. I agreed to come over at 5 pm to his house. He insisted on picking me up but what's the point if it's only a five minute walk from my house to the Diaz residence? 

Although I had fluttering butterflies in my stomach, I knew that I would not regret this. I went through the rest of the day with an idiotic grin placed on my face. By the time I got home, my face hurt from being too ecstatic. By the time I finished my homework, showered, blow dried my hair, straightened it, and put on some simple make-up, it was already 4:15 pm. I began to get anxious because I had no clue what to wear! I went through enough outfits to have my entire closet on my bed before I decided on wearing plain black jeggings that were cut from the knee, a plain white t-shirt, my new faux-leather jacket, and a plaid blanket scarf. I threw on my black heeled booties and practically ran out the door since it was already 5pm. I was fashionably late as I got to his door at 5:08pm. I contemplated on ringing the door bell or just simply calling him to come down. As I was about to ring the door bell, I saw the door opening to the hottest scene. He was shirtless! 

"Sorry I just got out of the shower.. Football practice ran late. Make yourself at home while I run up and get dressed and then we'll be on our way out." Steven said while half grinning because he noticed I couldn't stop starring at his body. 

"Umm yeah sure I'll.. uh be here." I feel so stupid! I mentally face palmed myself as I sat on his living room couch. His body was just so perfect! I started day dreaming about him and zoned out completely to notice him standing right in front of me.

"Princess you ready to go?" He asked as I was completely flustered.

"Yes! Sorry I was um just thinking I forgot to um feed my um cat.. Yeah my cat." I lied hoping he wouldn't question me about my imaginary cat. Thankfully, he laughed as he escorted me out of his house. After we got into his car, he finally told me what the surprise date was. I was in awe.