i'm your shield || reinhardt x fem!reader

[ back to the x readers! requested by V-chii and i hope you enjoy this because it's my first time writing for the friendly giant ;-; ]

It was a normal and boring day, just escorting the payload at Route 66. Being a healer wasn't easy. You were Angela's sister so you had similar abilities and you were very lucky to have her on your team. You had a staff and pistol as well as Angela.

Your teammates (choose 4, doesn't matter, since mercy and reinhardt are on your team), charged in and distracted the enemies from getting to the payload. So, you and Reinhardt were the only ones on it right now. It then got to the second checkpoint which was great.

Reinhardt, being the shield, was on top of the payload as you healed him from behind since he had critically low health. Something about him appealed to you and you couldn't get enough of him. You just love him with all your heart.

Stuck in your thoughts, you didn't even know Reaper was behind you and he was going to use his death blossom on both of you.

Suddenly, the payload stopped and no one was right beside you guys.. Instead Reaper was above you guys and he used his death blossom. Some bullets got inside of your inner thigh, but Reinhardt immediately pinned him and saved you.

You fell unconscious as you bled a lot from your inner thigh.

You fell to the ground, bleeding a lot and Reinhardt called for Angela quickly. He protected you while carrying your body as he moved the payload slowly. Angela came and immediately cured you.

——————

You woke up in a room full of people, looking worried at you.

"Oh my god! Love, I'm so glad you're okay!" Lena immediately hugged your body as you sat up, trying to remember what happened. Oh right, Reaper.

"We were so worried about you, (your name). I'm so glad Reinhardt here called me in as quick as possible." Angela let out a sigh of relief and smirked a little as Reinhardt blushed a bit.

"Aww, looks like Reinhardt has feeling for little (your name)!" Torbjörn laughed a bit as Reinhardt carried your body as you couldn't walk.

Everyone just kind of smiled at the situation as they saw him walk towards your room.

He put you on your bed and you were now sitting as he pat your head.

"Reinhardt, thanks for saving me. I really owe you." You looked up to him as he widened his eyes.

"No, it's okay (your name)! It's my job!" He laughs. "But you know.. If you weren't there.. I wouldn't have survived, I mean you're like my protector.."

You blushed a bit, thinking what you just said.

He tried to think of what to say as he looked away for a bit. Instead, he had something to do.

"(your name), look at me." He says as he gets closer to your face. "Hm.. Oh right su-" Boom. It just happened like that.

His helmet was off and a pair of lips touched yours for a brief moment.

He then let go to kiss your cheek as you just froze there, completely flustered. He chuckles, but you look at his face to see a handsome man that is Reinhardt.

"Haha.. Go on, say what you need to say." He smiles.

"You look.. you look.. Amazing." You smile back at him. He blushed and chuckles, "Might I remind you that you always look lovely, (your name)?"

He laughs as you blush even more and comments something that warmed you heart.

"You won't get hurt anymore, (your name). For I am your knight in shining armor."

Reinhardt then proceeds to kiss you once again as you melt into it.

[ was this okay, V-chii ? i hope it was! and i hoped you like that picture btw ;) i'm so glad i had updated on the first day of school tho. ]