i. crushed.

I was late for class. The door was already closed.

Get yourself together. I took a deep breath and broke the cold silence that was comforting the lonely and empty hallways by knocking on the door.

I hated this, being the centre of attention, having all these eyes looking at me.

The doorhandle went down, followed by the teacher's face peeking through the gap. He opened the door wider, and let me in.

"Miss Davis, what a big surprise to see you here. I didn't expect you to come anymore. What an entrance you're making, yet again" I hated the way he was always trying to emberrass me.

Yeah, sure. Go ahead and make this even more awkward for me then it already is. I handed him the note. My eyes wandered through the classroom, searching for Chelsea and Becca.

I spotted them on the third row in the middle.

I toss my bag on the table, which was next to Becca's table.

"Yes, Miss Davis, we know you're present. Now, please remain quiet as I try to continue my lesson. If you're not interested, just go ahead and leave again." the teacher sounded irritated.

I rolled my eyes when he turned around. Becca noticed and started to giggle, immediately followed by her hand covering her mouth, so the teacher wouldn't turn around at us.

"Why are you so late?" Becca whispered.

"I overslept" I whispered back at her, while getting my books out of my bag.

"Again?" she sounded amazed, instead of surprised.

"Yes, again." I said, giving her an annoyed look.

What does she think? That I oversleep on purpose?

"Oh, well sorry." she sounded irritated, "What were you doing last night?" she wanted to know.

The teacher turned around as he heard our noise.

"Girls, mind continuing your conversation on the hallway? Or at the office of your coordinator?," he said serious, "one more word and you can leave."

Sure. Make things worse then they already are.

I let my head fall on the table, my hair swayed swiftly over my shoulders, covering my face.

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. Becca wanted to know, but I wasn't gonna tell her. I know what will happen if I did. She'd tell all of her 'friends'. Honestly, I think all of them weren't her friends, they were all just pretending to like her, like everyone else.

He popped up in my thoughts again. Get out of my stupid head. Leave my mind.

Someone was tapping my shoulder. I looked up to see who it was. Chelsea.

"Do you wanna talk to me during lunch break?" she offered. I nodded.

Chelsea was the only one I trusted. She was the only girl I considered to be my friend. Yeah, Becca was a great and nice girl, but sometimes I doubted her honesty, because she could never keep a secret to herself.

The rest of this class I spend pretending to pay attention. Luckily, the teacher fell for it.

The bell saved me from this hell. Everyone started to pack their bags, breaking the cold silence that surrounded this classroom.

I followed the crowd walking out of the door.

"Hold up, Miss Davis. Mind explain some things to me?"