I'll Keep You My Dirty Little Secret

Finn's POV

3 months later

Aqua sat by her desk. Jack and I sat on her bed. All of our books were scattered on her bed she was on the phone, and for the first time she let us listen in on the conversation. She had said she was talking to her best friend, who she never mentioned before.

"Great you're going to transfer here." She said with a bored expression, the minutes went by until she spoke again.

"No- No he's mine," She said she turned away and faced the wall. "No, he doesn't know, and yes, he's hot, but I don't like him because of that."

Jack shrugged his shoulder, nudging my shoulder, he winked. She wasn't talking about me, she couldn't possibly be talking about me. There was that bet I had done with Matt a few months ago but Matt had been silent this past few months which only made me think the bet was off.

"Yeah he has a brother." Pause. "No, you can't have him either." Pause. "Why not? Because you wimp out of every relationship you're in, that's why." I looked at Jack, and raised my eyebrows. She sighed. "What classes are you taking again?" Long pause. "Oh really? That's cool." Pause. "You're not gonna drop it, are you? Well, now that you mention it, there is one guy... Totally your type." Aqua turned and winked at us. "Well I'm not going to tell you because it'll ruin the surprise." Pause. "Look, I have to go. I have a few things to do before you arrive." She hung up and dropped between Jack and I, messing up all the papers and books.

"Hey!" Jack said.

"Sorry."

"Who was that?" I asked.

"An old friend." Aqua skirted around answering.

"Okay..." I said.

Aqua's POV

I sat by the window scrolling through all my contacts late that night. I found a section that I had titled "Poisonous". Under it I found all my toxic friends and exes. Rachael, Steven, Britt (who I had nicknamed Karma), Josh, plus many more. All the memories came flooding back: the late nights spent out, the crazy parties, the cheating, the broken trust and the lying. I remembered all the nights emptying tissue boxes, the dark circles under my eyes, the sleepless nights, holding back hair as they puked up everything but their dreams and memories. My memories wouldn't stop coming, and I surprised myself when salty tears made their way down my cheeks. I angrily wiped them away, but not before more pushed their way out.

I can't do this, I thought. I can't put Finn through this. It's just going to end badly. It always does. I have to break up with him. I looked over and Jack and Finn's sleeping forms on my couch. By the time we had finished our homework, it was super late and I agreed to let them stay the night. In the morning. I can't wake him up now.

A figure seemed to move from the couch. But I couldn't tell who it was that moved, they were identical in almost every form in the dark. I walked towards the restroom, making sure not to step on anything. I took another look at the twins before sighing and going into the restroom.

I left the door half open and took a seat on the toilet seat. I buried my face in my hands and let the tears fall freely. I held back the sound of my sobs, so I figured it looked like i was just shaking. I must have been in there awhile, because the next thing I knew the door was being pushed open and the light turned on. I hastily wiped away the tears and looked up to see Jack in the doorway, his hand still on the light switch.

"What's going on, Aquamarine?" he asked. "Did, ah, something happen?" I raised one eyebrow. "Okay, wrong conclusion."

"No really," I said. Jack closed the door behind him and sat on the edge on the tub, facing me.