primrose.

❝at the end of the day, perhaps all i want is for you to shield me from the raging seas.❞   

YET another tiring day at work. 

taking his time, jeongguk strolls past street stalls where tendrils of smoke emerge from the tents. he inhales the fragrance of spicy rice cakes, steaming hot fishcakes, and various flavours of fried pancakes. he already had his dinner in the office before he left so he isn't feeling hungry, but appreciates the fact that he's able to experience all of these — the bustling nightlife in seoul.

he is earning money, he is eating well. he is working hard for his passion, he is living his dream. it is a pretty fine life, if you ask him. a splendid one, in fact.

but why does he feel so lonely?

why does it feel so lonely

the snow had toned down to mere cold breezes, rattling his frame nonetheless. he is reminded of his coat and as if on cue, a familiar figure comes into view. he hasn't even noticed he's on the familiar sidewalk again.

choi eunseo spots him as well and surprise flits across her face before she breaks into a smile, eyes forming crescents. walking over to the tiny booth that she had set up, jeongguk eyes the contents set on the table curiously. "what are you doing this time round?"

"performing an honesty test." she replies brightly, arranging 30 or so hot packs around the table neatly. "wanna help?"

"how does it work?" he asks, stuffing his hands into his pockets. noticing that, eunseo reaches into her bag and pulls out both of his coats. 

"you must be cold." she mutters before pushing the clothings to him. "i had to carry this everyday in case i see you. guess today is my lucky day!"

tentatively, he accepts the coats and peers over her shoulder. "so what are you going to do with those hot packs?"

eunseo sets up a makeshift paper board where the words '100 won for 1 hot pack, this is going to charity! do leave the money in the blue box, thank you and have a nice warm day!' are written on it. 

"just like that?" jeongguk questions.

with a nod, eunseo yawns and glances around her. "now i just have to find a place to chill before i come back in an hour to check."

he looks at her, debating if he should stay or head home. not like he has anything to do when he reaches home, except exercise. eat ramen. sleep. and the cycle continues again. "what are you going to do for an hour?" he ends up asking.

"hmm..." eunseo trails off, rocking on the balls of her feet. "maybe grab a bite or something?"

he doesn't know what got over him, but jeongguk hears the words slipping from his mouth before he can take them back.

"... wanna go for a walk?"