heather.

❝... there are. but i guess i'm used to it. we all get used to it, don't we?❞    

DAYS TURN into weeks, and weeks turn into months. the short, uninterested replies have gradually trickled to a complete stop. jeongguk stops trying to contact her, but what he doesn't know is that eunseo is waiting for him as well.

not just eunseo— jeongguk himself gives cold replies too when he's stressed out. not as much as eunseo does, but every once in a while. to the point where eunseo wonders if she's doing anything wrong, and if they should just stop talking altogether. 

walking down the streets, jeongguk stuffs his hands into the pockets of his large coat. harsh winds assault his exposed skin, causing a shiver to jerk his body. according to the weather report, winter is approaching and so is first snow of the year.

he smiles at the vague thought of last winter. the day when he had met eunseo and given her his coat. when he walked away without giving her his name, and met her again coincidentally. hot packs. ice creams. free buffet. the girl who had managed to make him happy no matter how down he felt, the smile on her face that made his heart flutter. when she had announced that she's going away for a long time, and they stayed in each other's embraces for the longest of time on the bus, despite the fact that both of them have missed their respective destinations.

the phone lies in his pockets, as soundless as it can be. no vibration, no ringtones ringing, no nothing. his fingers twitch, but stay where they are.