Bit By Bit Part Of Me Dies

Jack owned his house.

He owned the land around it and while he payed electrical, water, and any other bills, it was his. There was no rent and there were no payments he owed to actually keep it.

He'd inherited it from his grandmother, which had been a horrible experience.

He remembered sitting there in her room, remembered her asking where he was... And he'd been sitting right there next to her...

Jack missed her.

And he loved his house.

There were houses close to him, people he was sure he annoyed when he yelled in his videos...

But even with all of that and bad memories he had because of Ace, he loved his house.

He loved his home.

And Mark wanted to take him to LA.

"I... It's... unsafe here?"

Stupid question. Jack knew it was unsafe here, he'd felt the pain, he'd felt the fear, he'd put Felix in danger and brought fear for Marzia...

Jack sighed shakily, before shrugging. "Fuck, yer right. I'll come ta LA whit you."

Mark's wide grin was worth it, almond eyes brightening happily.

Jack exhaled happily, giving a soft smile.

He hated himself for how warm he felt as Mark helped him pack up.

Jack hated himself when their hands accidentally met and he grinned wider.

Jack hated that they were able to cause each other to laugh as hard as they did.

Jack glanced at the date with a small sigh.

Mark had been staying with Jack for a little over 2 months now. He'd said he was alright with it, they all said they were.

But Jack felt horrible for keeping them from their homes so long.

8/4/16.

It was August already...

Jack cursed, rubbing his face tiredly.

It was even worse knowing that he'd been amnesiac for the bulk of the time, and even now his memory wavered.

It had come back in burst, and he'd knitted some things together through logic instead of true memories, but he was getting it all back.

Part of him regretted it.

He didn't want to remember his grandma's death, and he definitely didn't want to remember Ace hurting him...

He didn't want to remember the pool of self hatred he'd had that Ace had merely cultivated.

Saying goodbye to Felix was the hardest.

Well, saying goodbye to everyone except Matt and Mark was hard in itself.

But after everything, Felix...

Jack felt incredibly guilty since Felix got shot, and he'd gotten even closer to Felix, enough to say that they were brothers.

"I'll Skype you every night?"

Jack snorted a bit, grinning at the Swede. "You'd really do that?"

"Of course bro!"

Jack let go of their hug, laughing a bit. "Sounds great! Alright, I'll message you as soon as we get ta LA. I'll see you soon?"

Felix nodded, before turning Jack and guiding him to the gate. "Now go before you're late! Besides, me and Marzia have a plane to catch too."