Chapter 4

Chapter 4

April, Libby, Alice, Dylan and Karen sat in the living room talking. April smiled and glanced around the room.

"Wait, where's Jackson?" She asked, everyone else looked around the room the shrugged.

"I don't know," Dylan started, "he was here a minute ago."

April, Alice and Libby got up and walked the halls looking in the rooms. They stopped in front of one room and April couldn't hep but smile, the all stood in the door way and saw Jackson, Emily and Sammy playing in the toy room.

Jackson was Emily's 'scrub nurse' they were 'operating' on Sammy. Libby smiled up at April.

"Ever since you told them you were a doctor, that's all they've been playing," Libby smiled, "they get Alice, Dylan or I to be their scrub nurse, they take turns being the doctor and patient."

April smiled at her nieces and...boyfriend? Friend? Play doctor.

Alice lightly elbowed April in the side, "you picked a good one apes."

April smiled, "I did didn't I?"

Libby, Alice and April returned to the living room and sat on the couch.

April sat seated for a second when her phone rung, she pulled out her phone from her pocket and check the called ID. She sighed as she read who it was.

Matthew.

She stood up, "I'll be right back," she announced walking into the kitchen, she held the phone up to her ear.

"Hello," she said into the phone.

"Hi April, it's Matthew your fianceè," he spat into the phone, "I went to your place this morning and you weren't."

"I'm in Moline," April explained.

"Why?" Matthew asked anger in his voice.

"My dad passed away."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" Matthew asked.

"I called you! You didn't pick up!" April shouted.

"I was busy!" Mathew yelled.

"Yeah I was too!" April sighed, Karen and Libby were in the doorway watching April, April turned around and saw them and instantly looked embarrassed. 'I'm sorry' she mouthed to them. "I have to go Matthew."

"No April! Don't!" He shouted.

"I have to go! Don't call me this weekend, we need a break," she explained. "I left you engagement ring in my room on my dresser, bye Matthew." She hung up the phone and sighed, "I feel free."

Karen smiled and hugged her daughter, "oh honey."

Jackson hoped in the kitchen, "is everything okay? I heard yelling."

April smiled and walked up to Jackson, "everything is perfect."