Chapter 4

The rest of the week went by and was fairly packed for everyone; very little time to socialize. However, Abby was able to wheedle the details of Gina's coffee meeting with Gibbs one evening. "I have a really good feeling about this!" she exclaimed.

"Oh really? How so?"

"Well, he seemed a little happier than normal...not trying to hide it as much as he usually would." Abby paused, "I think he likes you."

Gina sighed and sat down at her desk, "I guess we'll see what happens when you aren't as busy. He told me about his boat..."

"Really?! Did he invite you over?" she was getting excited, not everyone was personally told about his boat or invited to Gibbs' house.

"Nah, but it was mentioned in passing that I'd like to see it," Gina laughed it off.

"You never know...want me to work some magic on him?"

"Ha ha! Don't do that...we're adults Abby. If it's going to happen it will when we're not both slammed with work."

"True," but she knew it would be super hard not to prod just a tiny bit, she loved them both and loved the idea of them together even more, "Oh speaking of....I've got to go."

"He just came in the lab?"

"Yes, talk soon, bye!" Gibbs raised an eyebrow at her as she quickly hung up, "hi, Gibbs!"

"Abbs...something important?"

"Ah..not really," she smiled hopping up from her desk. She knew he was here for her last set of results to get this case finished up. "You don't want to know who it was?"

"Not really...what d'ya got?"

"Oh...are you sure?"

"Abby!"

"Okay..." she sighed and gave him what he came for in the first place. "Anything else Gibbs?" she asked taking the Caf Pow from his hands.

"Nope," he turned walking out.

"IT WAS GINA WHO CALLED!" she yelled after causing him to stop and look at her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah? What does that have to do with what I came down here for?"

"I know you guys met for coffee and was wondering..."

"Wondering what Abby?"

"Nothing, just you should call her. She's one of my best friends and a really great person."

"Did she tell you to ask me that?"

"No...she told me to stay out of it." she looked down at her feet.

Gibbs laughed, "thanks Abbs," and he headed towards the elevator and back to the squad room. I should call her, he thought briefly.

~~~

It was Monday, about mid-day, and Gina was out running a few errands before her final therapy sessions in the late afternoon. Before heading back to the wellness center she decided to make a quick coffee stop. Standing in line she noticed the back of Jethro's head a few steps in front of her. Not really knowing where she stood with him besides being an acquaintance she decided to leave him be. As soon as he turned, coffee in hand, he made eye contact with her. She smiled, "fancy seeing you here Jethro."

A smile spread over his face, "yeah how about that." she stepped away from him for a second to order. "What brings you over here?" he inquired as she fixed her cup.

"Just some errands for the center," she held up the one bag still in her hand, "I need to head back for my last two sessions and needed a little pick me up."