Chapter 5

I wake up and feel the warm beam of sun in a eyes, I stretch my arms out and accidentally smacked Peeta right in the face! His eyes flutter open and he starts rubbing his head "oww what was that for" I feel really stupid I totally forgot Peeta was in the bed with me "whoops I forgot you were in the bed" I say giggling. We finally get out of bed, go down stairs and Peeta starts to make breakfast.

I hear a knock at the door and yell to Peeta "I'll get it" I reach the door open it and I can't believe my who I'm staring at. It's my best friend that I thought had died. I'm staring into the sea green eyes of....

FINNICK ODAIR

"F-Finnick?" I mumble under my breath all the sudden slam the door and rush up stairs. All I can think is he's dead you have to be seeing stuff Katniss, but I swear he was real. Then I hear people running up the stair, the door bursts open! I see Peeta and behind Peeta I see Finnick, Peeta comes and sits down beside me trying to calm me down once I am fully calm I stand up and Finnick comes running towards me and pulls me into a big bear hug. He finally pulls out of the hug and says "I can explain Katniss" I'm still in shock and say "g-go ahead" he starts to talk and I'm snapped out of my shock "well after you threw down the holo I was far enough away it didn't kill me only the monkeys about a month after they found me down in the sewers, rushed me off to the hospital I was there for quite a while I had real bad injurys. After a couple weeks I was allowed to walk around the hospital and I found Peeta we had a really long talk just like this and well I made him promise not to tell you I wanted to see you in person instead I finally returned home but before I left they told me about Annie and how depressed she was and what happened. Once I got home I got really depressed until Peeta called me yesterday and told me I couldn't wait any longer to come and see you so here I am" this is real Finnicks here he's not dead! "I'm so sorry Finnick you must hate me because well I thought you were" he cuts me off and pulls me into another hug and says "Katniss I don't hate you I love you your my best friend and well I hope we can" then I cut him off "Finnick of course we can still be friend" then Peeta speaks up "while I'm sorry to ruin the moment but I made pancakes for all of us."

Before we head down stairs Peeta tells Finnick which bedroom he can stay in and that he can drop his stuff off I'm there. Finnick leaves to his bedroom leaving me and Peeta all alone. I crash my lips onto his when we break apart he speaks up and says "Katniss will you be my girlfriend?" I kiss him again but with more passion and break for air and whisper "of course babe." He spins me in the air with a big goofy happy smile on his face "I love you"

"I love you too"

I hope you enjoyed this chapter I wanted to add a twist in the story and have Finnick still alive tell me what you think

Love jmich❤️