•3•

You know I never thought I would make it to the end of the semester.
Ms. Perkins eventually stopped teaching and would just give us work. It must be pretty hard seeing your ex-husband bring flowers to the gym teacher every Thursday.

Today on the last day of school she came to school a bit boozed. I was ready to go home. And not come back.
At least that's why I told myself.
They have been dating for three months.

But what am I worried about. I don't even like her. But it's this odd feeling that if I were to come back, she would be the only person I would want to see.

"Hey babe, what are we doing for Christmas?"

"Uh, nothing why my parents are kinda strict they won't let me go anywhere on Christmas unless you want to come to my house."

"But babe you promised."

I had promised Elena my girlfriend that I would go meet her parents on Christmas.

However I had promised that in order for her to shut up about it and to stop asking me. Huge mistake...

She wouldn't stop talking about it.
I even heard her telling Nicole.
Yeah... That was her name, too bad I only figured it out through Elena.
...
"Hey Mom you think I can to Elena's house for Christmas? I'll be back before 8."

"Are they picking you up? What time?
Will they bring you back? Why didn't you invite her over? You two haven't even dated for that long. Ask your Dad."

My answer was oddly yes to all of that, but I still needed my father's permission.

"Hey Dad I know you had a bit of Christmas party planned, but would you consider giving me permission to go to Elena's house for a couple of hours that day?"

"Sure, are they picking you up and bringing you back?"

"Yes they are, Elena said her parents are cool with it."

And there it was now I couldn't give Elena no for an answer. Oh man how much I dreaded going to her house. Her brother was the highschool quarterback. The most popular guy in the school.

I was under constant watch from most of the football team. I couldn't ask for a pencil from a single girl without it being reported straight to Elena. We had a whole big argument over that.
...
"Can you tell your brother to stop telling the guys to watch my every step?"
"There's nothing wrong with that, he's just being a but protective."
"What do you mean there's nothing wrong with that?!? I can't even ask for a pencil."
"Well if you had pencils you wouldn't need to be asking for any."
"Oh my God are you serious..."
"Yeah why wouldn't I be."
"Fine whatever just tell him to ease off a bit."
"I will try."
"Ok"
...
"Hey Luis"
"Hey you?"
"I'm Nicole I don't think I have ever introduced myself to you even tho we have sat together before."
"Oh well I guess it's nice to meet you."
"I just wanted to invite to a double date, Elena and Bryan are great friends and I thought we could possibly go watch a movie together this Sunday."
"Uhmm yeah sounds fine, I'll let Elena know and I'll see you there."
"Ok sounds good."

As she walked away she dropped a little heart made out of gum wrapper.
I don't know but unconsciously out it in my wallet.

*Bell rings*

I didn't notice but I had stayed there in the same spot motionless for about two minutes. I had totally forgotten I had athletics. And oh man if I don't hurry coach is going to kill me.

Sure enough I was forced to do an extra suicide in front of everyone.

After school I saw Elena and told her about the movies with Nicole and Bryan. And she mentioned that Bryan  had told her already before athletics. Thats odd, she had told me she went to class.
Again I did not pay much attention to it.

When I get home I usually take naps. Real long naps, Elena doesn't seem to care that I'm gone for so long. She got used to it oddly fast.

Very much as if she had better things to do. Or places to be at.
Ehh again, it didn't bother me much.