Luke

I dedicate this chapter to @thewandering because she is an AWESOME writer and you should seriously check out her stories!! :)

After you read this chapter, of course. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke is officially the biggest animal in the world. He's dropped the popcorn over me twice, spilled his drink on me at least three times, and he takes up so much space on the couch. I'm starting to think he's doing this all on purpose, because there is no way a Werewolf is that clumsy. 

We're halfway through the horror movie and we're just getting to the good, juicy parts. A.K.A., the gory and bloody killing scenes. A blond with big boobs and blue eyes is in an empty abandoned house and she's calling out hello repeatedly to see if anyone's there. 

Way to give away your location, idiot, I thought snidely.

The blonde decides to check the basement and I feel like killing her myself and getting it over with. To get back at Luke, I snuggle up into his side and pretend I'm scared. I can feel him stiffen and try to scoot away, but there's no where to go. I put an arm around his waist and squeeze him tightly. He swears under his breath and I hold in a laugh. 

"Is the bad ass rogue scared?" Luke whispers haughtily into my ear.

I grit my teeth together but manage to say, "You think I'm bad ass? How sweet." 

Just then, a chainsaw revs loudly in the background and I jump. Luke chuckles and I want to slap him. Suddenly, the idea of snuggling up to him doesn't sound so good. 

"Meet me in the kitchen." He says and then pushes me off him and gets up. I sit there for a few seconds before following him. I can only hope Nick isn't paying attention. When I reach the kitchen, it's dark inside, just like the night I broke in. 

I take a step forward and a hand shoots out. It grabs me around the throat and shoves me up against the wall. It's Luke. 

"Let go, you idiot." I seethe.

He smirks. "No. I have something to discuss with you."

"Then do it in a civil manner!" I catch him by surprise when I slam my foot into his thigh. He stumbles back and I escape his hold. He swings an arm around to grab me, but I throw myself at him. We slam into the cabinets and I smirk. Gotcha. I wrap a hand around his throat and squeeze for good measure. 

I smile sweetly. "What is it you wanted to talk about?" 

He growls, "You need to stay away from Nick. He-"

"You need to mind your own damn business! He's my mate and I'll choose what I want to do with him, not you. What the fuck is your problem?"

He has the guts to laugh. "You. You're my problem. All you rogues are the same little bitches."

Instead of getting mad, I find myself saying, "Luke. I know about what happened to your family, and I-"

Luke interrupts me with a vicious snarl of anger. With new-found strength, he shoves me back. His eyes are a bottomless black and his canines are extending. Oh no. He's letting his wolf take over. I could fight him but the chances are slim. He is a part of the Dust Lands pack. They are warriors and are not known to lose. And judging by his level of fury right now, I'd say I'm dead. But I choose to fight anyway. 

I snarl back at him and let my own anger for Luke overtake me. The lengthening of my canines tells me it's working. Luke, on the other hand, chooses that moment to attack. He plows into me, sending us both crashing into the table. He's on top of me, so I kick out both my legs and he goes flying back. He collides with the cabinets again and there's a loud crack of wood.