9.

"She--"

"She--"

"--didn't want to see me."

Matthew sighed then nodded slowly. "She's been through so much, Logan. She's not yet ready."

He smiled sadly. "I understand."

Well, what was he expecting? That after their encounter earlier she would just forget everything and run into his arms like before?

"Matt, I'm sorry. For everything."

Matt shook his head. "I know it wasn't easy for you too, Logan, and I understand. This industry-- it's nothing but pain and trouble."

"It isn't the industry that hurt her, it's me. I was a jerk! I was a--"

His voice broke as the familiar lump started to build inside his throat and his vision went blurry.

He shut his eyes.

"I love her, Matt." he stated. "I still love her. Ten months and she's still all I ever think about. All those times I stared at her picture, wishing everything was just a dream. All those times I stared at her old number in my phone, wishing I could hear her voice again. All those times I see her on screen, smiling, while I cried in the corner.

"I want her back in my life, Matt. She's the best thing that ever happened to me. I'll be nothing without her.

"Please..."

He whispered, opening his eyes then looked at Matthew.

"...help me."