Chapter Four- Gajeel's Story

The guilt I felt while fighting for my guild against a strong dark guild was annoying, but having Levy fight beside me made me feel better. We supported eachother, I would protect her from strong enemies coming in on us and she would use her magic to create iron for me eat. Despite her hight, the shrimp fought good. 

Levy and I had been dating for a while before the war. I was even planning on asking her to marry me. Everything would have been perfect. We would buy a house to live in, have children, grow old together and stuff. I never was the romantic type and never really thought about love, but with Levy, she was whole another story. I could actually imagine us being together forever with all of our guild mates, but one little mistake turned into this damn war that took a lot of them. Macao, Bisca, Jet and Gildarts are just a few of them.

We were able to win this thing though. Levy was amazing out there. I remember freaking out every time an enemy came near her, but that little pipsqueak could easily defend herself. Everytime she would give me an assuring look to calm me down.

Months after the war ended and Fairy Tail was dissolved, I finally gained the courage to pop Levy the question. She was so excited she started to cry while repeatedly saying "yes". When we told our friends our news we held a big party. We were the last couple to get engaged and everyone was waiting for us. Many weddings were being planned.

Even though everyone around was excited, I couldn't help but to still think about what caused the war. I was sure Gray felt the same. We were both being reckless. There was a day when Levy was asking me stuff about the wedding and I let my mind drift off about the beginning of the war again.

Gray and I were in the forest doing a job together. Apparently some memebers from a dark guild were doing some shit and we were going to stop them.

"-eel?"

We saw some guys in their twenties or so messing with a girl in a clearing in the forest.

"Gajeel?"

"Levy? What's wrong?", I asked.

"You're doing it again.", She puffed her cheeks out.

"Doing what?"

"Your mind just wanders off and you don't pay attention to what's going on.", She sighed and closed the notebook she was holding.

"Oh. Sorry. What were you saying, shrimp?"

"Is there anything bothering you?", She looked up at me with worried eyes.

I stared at her face, wondering if I should tell her or not. The war already passed. There wasn't anything bothering me. I mentally smacked myself. There was obviously something wrong. Levy would be able to tell if I was lying.

"It's just something that might have happened before the whole war.", I said slowly.

"The war? A-and that something is?", She asked curiously.

"Um, me and Gray, we, uh, might have been the whole cause of it.", I looked at the floor in shame, waiting for Levy's response.

Seconds felt like hours. I felt my eyes water. I immediately turned my head so Levy wouldn't tell. My plan failed.

"Gajeel it's okay, dear.", She whispered as she hugged me. "Everything's okay."

"No. Everything is not okay. You- you don't understand!", I was almost yelling at her. The stress and guilt were affecting me.

"Calm down, Gajeel. Can you tell me what happened?"

I look at her and wiped the few tears that were near my eyes. Was I ready to tell someone about it? Only me and Gray knew it. I sniffed my nose and decided I would tell her. I had to get it out of my head somehow.

"About a week before the whole war, me and Gray went on a job to beat up some guys who were messing with girls around some town in the north. Apparently those guys were from a dark guild called Demon Soul. We went too far and ended up killing two of them. It was on accident though. We didn't realize how strong we had hit them. The other four ran off. One of the two guys on the ground told us something before he died. 'My brother will get revenge', he said. I didn't know what brother he was talking about until I heard the old man talk about some guild wanting to declare war on us all of a sudden. I knew it was about those guys in the forest, but then, when I saw the master, he looked exactly like the guy Gray had killed. I figured out that the master was his twin brother."

A/N: Sorry this has taken a while to be updated. Things have been complicated. Anyways this is the last chapter for the prologue. Hope you enjoyed! I will be introducing the characters kids and their adventure sometime in a different book.