Part 16

*Justin got in his car and drove off. When I got in the house I closed the door and I leant on it. I slowly slid down to where I was on the floor. When I sat on the floor, I opened my eyes. My mom was standing in front of me tapping her foot.*

“Hey mom” I said knowing I was in trouble.

“Don’t hey mom me. Didn’t I tell you to call me when you got to that party?”

“Oh sorry mom I forgot.”

*My mom just sat there*

“Next time you better follow directions.”

“Ok.”

“And….I want meet your boyfriend” my mom said.

“What? What boyfriend?”

“Oh don’t play dumb Juliana. I saw that boy kiss you and you kissed him back. So you’re telling me that’s not your boyfriend?”

“He is but…….”

“But what?”

“We just started dating and I kind of ruined Sarah and my friendship.”

“What? How?”

“Well Justin liked Sarah but he said he liked me. He didn’t know who he wanted. I was at the party with a boy named Cameron and he kissed me. I guess Justin got jealous when he saw the kiss and he asked Sarah out. She knew I liked him. More than her. So I went outside to the car because I was upset. Next thing I know, Justin was outside trying to comfort me. He told me how he got jealous and he liked me and what not. Then we ended up kissing and Sarah saw and she said we’re not best friends anymore.” I said.

*My mother’s eyes widened at what I told her*

Oh, Dios mío! What were you thinking?

Well I can’t help that I like Justin a lot. She knew that so that’s her fault. And if she doesn’t want to be my best friend I don’t care.

“Cariña, that’s your best friend. You can’t just blow her off because of some guy.”