1. The Convoy

Today was the hottest day of summer. Lucy, Yara and I have been sitting in Lucy's room all day; the airconditioning low and watching moves. Fortunately, it was soon coming to an end.

"Can't we just watch another Star Wars?" Lucy whined.

"No, we're going to watch The Lion King now," I told her.

"What do you want, Yara?" Lucy asked. Yara shrugged and Lucy gave me a worried look.

Yara had been very distant all summer. Lucy and I thought it had something to do with the fact that we hadn't come back to the orphanage for Christmas last year.

"Come on, Yara, just try to be a little cheerful," Lucy said, but Yara only mumbled something we couldn't hear. Lucy looked at me helpless, but I just shrugged, signing her to let it go.

I knew it hadn't been a good idea to watch The Hunger Games. The moment Rue died, Lucy began to cry silent tears. It reminded her too much of Cederic.

I quickly turned off the television and pulled Lucy into a hug. She began to cry in my shoulder and I just held her close, not saying anything to her. When she had calmed down a little, I turned my head around and noticed Yara had left the room. Why?

"I'll be right back, Lucy," I said, got up and walked put of the room.

I saw Yara walk down the stairs and leave the orphanage. I quickly ran after her.

"Yara, wait!"

Yara turned around and I noticed her eyes were almost blazing. She was furious.

"How can I ever help her?" she asked, her voice shaking with anger.

"What do you mean?"

"You leave to get back to you school; you don't visit me for Christmas, while you knew I was waiting for you both; you come back and tell me about Lucy's boyfriend who died, but you also say that you can't say how he died. I didn't even know Lucy had a boyfriend until you told me he had died!" Yara's hands were shaking, too. I stared at Yara in shock.

"You give me NO calls, you write NOTHING to me. You and Lucy didn't even think about telling me you both got a boyfriend?" Yara yelled. "What kind of friends are you!" She turned around with one furious spin, her tortoiseshell hair flipping to her other shoulder. She walked away, but I grabbed her wrist.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" Yara yelled and her look was filled with so much disgust, I let go of her instantly. I was shocked to see that look in her eyes. I was lost for words as Yara walked away with big steps.

Feeling annoyed with Yara, I returned to the orphanage. I slammed the door to my room shut and kicked the small pile of letters down.

My eye fell on the top letter; one from Hermione.

There's a fair amount going on, we'll tell you everything when we see you..."

I had sent many letters to Hermione, Ron, Rowan and George, but they had all replied with vague answers, like Hermione's. Ron, for instance, had written: "We've been told not to say anything important in case our letters go astray..."

Rowan had replied with: "We're quite busy but I can't give you details here..."

George had told me: "I expect we'll be seeing you quite soon..."