4. Obliviate

Mrs. Weasley followed us upstairs, looking grim.

"I want you all to go straight to bed, no talking," she said as ae reached the first landing. "We've got a busy day tomorrow. I expect Ginny's asleep," she added to Hermione, Lucy and me, "so try not to wake her up."

Hermione, Lucy and I nodded, but I was sure Ginny wasn't asleep at all.

And indeed, when we entered the room, Ginny immediately got up and said, "tell me everything!"

I knew now how it felt to be neglected and forsaken, so I told her everything Sirius, Lupin and the others had told us.

"So You-Know-Who is looking for some kind of weapon?" Ginny asked and Hermione, Lucy and I nodded.

"Mrs. Weasley stopped Sirius before he told us what kind of weapon, though," Lucy said.

"Yeah, that was odd..." I told them. I got up.

"I'm going to the other room," I said. "I have to talk to Harry." The others nodded and I got up and left the room.

It was very dark, so I had to feel my way to the boys' room.

I felt something cold and metal-like and realised it was the doorknob. I turned it, opened the door slightly and slipped into the room. Harry, Ron and Rowan looked up when they heard me come in.

"Hi, Liana," Harry said when he saw me.

"Hi," I said and walked toward Harry. He was lying on his bed, so I sat down at the foot of his bed.

"Oh yeah... I forgot..." Rowan said. He crossed to the door and bolted it.

"What're you doing that for?" I asked.

"Kreacher," said Rowan as he turned off the light. "First night I was here he came wandering in at three in the morning. Trust me, you don't want to wake up and find him prowling around your room. Anyway..." He got into his bed, settled down under the covers, then turned to look at Harry, Ron and me in the darkness. I could see his outline by the moonlight filtering in through the grimy window.

"What d'you reckon?" Ron asked.

I didn't need to ask what he meant.

"Well, they didn't tell us much we couldn't have guessed, did they?" Harry said. "I mean, all they've really said is that the Order's trying to stop people joining Vol —"

There was a sharp intake of breath from Ron and Rowan.

"— demort," said Harry firmly. "When are you going to start using his name? Sirius and Lupin do."

Ron and Rowan ignored this last comment.

"Yeah, you're right," Rowan said. "We already knew nearly everything they told us, from using the Extendable Ears. The only new bit was —"

Crack.

"OUCH!"

"Keep your voice down, Ron, or Mum'll be back up here."

"You two just Apparated on my knees!"

"Yeah, well, it's harder in the dark —"

I saw the blurred outlines of Fred and George leaping down from Ron's bed. There was a groan of bedsprings and Harry's mattress descended a few inches as George sat down near his feet.

"Come here, Liana," George whispered. I got up and sat down between his crossed legs.

"So, got there yet?" said George eagerly to all of us.