Chapter 12: The Right Words To Say

JERIC'S POV

LOCKER ROOM.

"Capt, tama na pagstalk kay Portia! Patapos na kami at lahat nakaupo ka pa din diyan." Nahuli ako ni Kev habang chncheck ko ang twitter at instagram ni Portia. We just finished our practice at kailangan ko lang talaga umupo at malaman kung ano na ba nangyayari sakanya.

Miss ko na siya. I kept it to myself. Siguro sa 2 weeks na dumaan, never kong hindi to nasabi. I really do miss her. As much as I want to see her, be with her, talk to her, tama ang sabi sakin ni Jeron eh. I should give her time. I shouldn't force anything on her.

"Idol, kakain na kami. Ang tagal mo eh. Una na kami, ayos lang?" Tanong naman ni Lo.

"Oo, kanina pa naghihintay si Kaye sa Mcdo bro." Aljon said.

"Sige sige, wag niyo na ako hintayin. Uuwi na din namana ko pagtapos." I told them.

Tahimik na sa locker room. Nakakabingi yung silence. Someone opened the door.

"Jeric" 

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" It was Mitch. She's... Uh, what can I say? A high school friend turned into a die hard fan. She has been bugging me ever since she heard that Portia and I havent been seeing each other. Hindi ko alam anong skills meron siya and how she found out. 

"I brought you your recovery food. Naalala ko sabi mo sakin ito yung food na gusto mo. 4 years way back." She said. May dala siyang Bon Chon chicken for me. She walked towards me and I stood up. 

"Thank you, Mitch." I said while I took the box from her hand. As a way of respect, tinanggap ko na.

"Look, Mitch... I really need to get ready and fix my things. Uwi na ako kasi may -"

"I miss you, Jeric!" She hugged me. I remained stiff. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko and I dont want to push her back because I'm afraid masaktan ko siya... physically. I'm in no mood for this Mitch. 

The door opened and before I was able to pull away from Mitch's hug, she was standing there, looking straight at me.

"Portia" Shit. Why does this have to happen now?

"Jeric" She said. Her eyes were locked into mine, it was a mixture of sadness, shock, hurt all in one. 

I immediately dropped the box of Bon Chon, wore a shirt and packed up my things into my gym bag and chased after her. When I looked at the door... She wasnt there anymore.

"Portia. I can explain." I shouted while chasing after her. She wont stop walking and little by little she started running. I ran after her. Nakaabot kami sa lover's lane. 

"Portia! Please, just hear me out!" I said while walking behind her. I tried touching her arm but she would pull it away. I didnt attempt to do that again because baka pag hinawakan ko siya, tapos hinatak niya, masaktan pa siya.

After chasing after her, I figured hindi niya alam kung saan siya pupunta. She stopped somewhere na walang tao. Then she finally faced me... 

Her eyes were blank. I couldnt read what emotion she was feeling. She stared at me. She did not speak for about a minute but you could see she wanted to say so many things. Katulad nang last naming pagkikita...

"Just say it..." I said.

"ANG BILIS NAMAN JERIC! Ito na talaga ang perfect time para sabihin ko 'yan sayo! ANG BILIS NAMAN JERIC! Ano 'to? Fast break? Ang bilis mo nag I love you, tapos porke hindi ko sinabi na i love you too... Ang bilis mong nakahanap naman ng iba? WOOOW" She raised her hands up.