V2 Side Story 1: The Summoned Hero

When I was a kid, my parents were met with a tragic accident. Ever since then, my life has been met with misfortune. My relatives abandoned me, my former friends began ignoring me, and I was given looks of disdain by other people in the orphanage I was taken to. For a majority of my life, I have been shunned by others, and I was only able to find comfort three things: manga, anime and video games.

I really like those stories where the MC is brought to another world as a hero, and trains to defeat the demon lord. They're given unique abilities that causes them to be completely overpowering, and defeat the demon lord easily at the end. But most importantly; they were always popular. All the ladies would fall for them. Those were my favorite stories. It was something I wanted to experience myself, but never expected to happen. And here I am, inside a grand guest room provided by the people who summoned me to become their [Hero].

"Good morning Chris, it's Ash and Raina. May we come in?" A voice calls out to me right outside the door.

"Ah, yeah! Go ahead!" I reply as I sit up on my bed.

A boy entered the room shortly afterwards, followed along by his little sister. They both had snow white hair and wore matching clothes, but their eye colors were different. The brother was quite tall, and looked like one of those cold, distant bishoujos from some of the manga I read. The girl looked as if she just hit 14 years old, but she had a distant aura around her. These two took part in summoning me, and the boy was the first one to greet me.

"So, how're you feeling? It must be hard to process everything we told you." The boy name Ash spoke first, asking about my condition.

Yesterday, they gave me several explanations about where I was summoned to. Rather than being summoned into another world, I was brought into another 'dimension' altogether that linked several worlds together. Apparently, my world wasn't part of this dimension because I wouldn't have been summoned otherwise. In this dimension, each world had their own individual [System] that can allows citizens of their worlds to have video-game like properties.

In a majority of these worlds, an organization called the [Adventurer's Guild] has established themselves in them. They explain what the guild does, and how the tiers and ranking words in it. They also talk about the different races that exists in this dimension, and about [Dungeon Worlds].

"Honestly, I was already expecting to hear about half the things you told me about." I admitted. This world was much different than from the games I've played and the manga I read.

"Is that so? I'm quite thankful that you didn't panic in that kind of situation. After all, you were summoned into an unknown place surrounded by five strange people." He says to me.

"Well, let's say that I've read too many 'fantasy novels' that have plots similar to this, which allowed me to calm down after realizing what happened." I said 'fantasy novels,' but really, it was just manga.

"If that's your reason for keeping your calm in such a situation, then I won't question it. Just remember to keep the fact that you were summoned a secret." I nod in response to this.

During the explanation I was given yesterday, I was also told to keep my summoning hidden. Apparently, if it got out that the Humans were successful in summoning a person from another dimension, then other ambitious kingdoms, organizations and perhaps even other races would also attempt to do so. To avoid this, they gave me an alias.

My name remained the same, but I was came from a small village in the edge of the country and came to the capital to become an adventurer. I supposedly attract Ash's attention during an expedition he took part of outside the city, and he decided to take me as a disciple. I was brought back to the castle to undergo personal training by him, and obtained special permission from the king himself for to right to roam the castle freely.