Chapter 2

"So let me get this straight," Gwen said. "You were thinking about unicorns at that time and it just so happened that the Muffin Man and his daughter were talking about it? Besides, we still don't know what the prophecy means. The unicorn's horn might be a metaphor. Anyway, what are you going to do with the horn?"

"I don't know, okay. I don't have all the answers. But if the prophecy says unicorn's horn, then it is unicorn's horn I shall get. Maybe Mavuey knows something about it."

"But we still don't know-"

"Look, Gwen, you only have two choices. To come with me or not. Because I'm going to try, with or without you," Grace seethed.

The remaining walk was a quiet one indeed. When they reached Rickety County, they were greeted with howls and boos. Angry mobs threw tomatoes at the two miserable sisters as they walked down a street towards a lonely house at the corner of the street. Apparently, they were used to all that.

Grace ducked just as a tomato darted past her head, missing inches away from her. It hit the wooden door and splattered at the girls.

"Aunt Alice?" Grace knocked on the door frantically. "Alice! Open the d-,"

Before she could finish her sentence, Alice opened the door and led them inside. Alice was a sweet, mid-aged woman who wore her signature white pinafore over her blue blouse (it was stained by tomatoes as well, however) and had luscious blonde locks falling to her shoulders. But the house was the exact opposite of its owner.

An old, rickety fireplace in a dark, dirty corner burned dying fire that did a poor job at brightening up the whole house. The couch was ripped away almost to pieces, most of the chairs had lost their legs, the table was mildewed and decayed; the house couldn't have been worse. However, the two girls were very thankful someone in those days was really willing to help them.

"Ah, girls. How lovely!" Alice beamed. She had a really beautiful British accent.

"Hi Alice," Gwen said happily.

"Oh girls, the situation couldn't have been worse. I was just collecting dirty laundries when those angry villagers attacked me with delicious...tomatoes. Crazy mob, aren't they?"

"We're very sorry for the trouble we put you-," before Grace could finish, Alice interrupted.

"Shh... You didn't ask to be protected. I offered protection to you," Alice smiled warmly. "Now," she clapped her hands with joy. "Let's cook dinner, shall we?"

The girls rushed to the kitchen and started chopping onions. They loved Alice just like they loved their parents. She was a family. But they had never thought that it is family that betrays you the most.

Later that night, Grace plopped down on her bed and closed her eyes. There was so much to think about she didn't even know where to start. She looked over at her unicorn horn. Will it work? No one knows for sure. She needed advice. Someone would surely know what to do with the unicorn's horn. Maybe she knew someone who did. Unable to bear her curiosity and excitement, she went out her window and jumped to the ground. Then, she sprinted towards a tiki hut just outside the village who was owned by a witch named Mavuey