Chapter 1

AUTHORS' NOTE: THIS IS OUR FIRST STORY ON WATTPAD SO PLEASE EXCUSED ALL THE ERRORS. KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS STORY HAVEN'T BEEN EDITED BEFORE. IF YOU FOUND ANY MISTAKES PLEASE KINDLY BROUGHT IT TO OUR NOTICE. AND BTW, WE'RE FROM INDONESIA SO IF THERE ARE ANY SPELLING OR GRAMMAR ERRORS, IT WAS ONLY A MISTAKE .THANK YOU AND WE HOPE Y'ALL ENJOY OUR STORY.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

In the middle of Relna Woods, a unicorn was drinking from the mystical Fae River. Hiding behind a tree, a mysterious figure stood there, bidding its time to strike. The figure's green eyes twinkled in the dark. Luscious brown curls rested on her shoulders. With a dagger in her hand, she waited patiently.

When the unicorn bowed its head to drink, she sprinted towards it and with one swift kick, pushed the unicorn to the water. Without wasting another second, she stabbed its beating heart. Then she chopped off its horn and took it with her. Silver blood spilled to the sparkling water, staining the Fae River.

The young lady ran through the dangerous woods without the slightest sign of stopping. The unicorn's horn hit against her belt as it released a spark of rainbow hue. Brown curls bouncing, she ran through a mysterious area covered in bushes of wild, poisonous cranberries and finally halted to a stop.

A cottage coated in candy and sugary sweets came into view. A delicious aroma of freshly baked gingerbread flowed through the chocolate-coated round windows. A fireplace inside was burning out its raging fire, lighting up the whole cottage and silent surroundings.

The mysterious girl rolled her eyes and murmured something about some rotten wild berry cupcakes. She barged into the cottage, expecting Zara, the witch. Zara was sitting by the fireplace. Her black curls covered half her face and she was wearing a black dress that hugged her slender curves. Her attention quickly diverted to the girl and a sly smile appeared on her lips.

"Why, hello Grace. Come to visit an old friend, I see?" she asked mischievously.

"I demand my parents' release," Grace snapped. "Look, Zara. I know the cure to my parents' malady, so please let me see them. I just killed a unicorn for this!" she pleaded.

"Ooh, you've got no manners. Knock before you come in, alright? Oh, and your parents, they aren't getting out no matter what."

"Please, just give me a chance!" Grace pleaded again.

"How many times I've told you, darling? It's contagious! People all over the village are trying to kill your parents. Want them alive? They'd better be locked up," Zara snapped. "And, oh! I've got news from Rickety County that your sister sneaked out again. That darned kid, she'll come back. Don't worry."

"Again?!" Grace shouted in annoyance. She quickly went out and slammed the door behind her. She ran in the direction of a small grassy hill. Gwen's favourite spot. She always came here whenever she felt bored, miserable or cross. She walked up the hill and found the person she was looking for.

Lying on the grass was a little girl absently twirling her blonde hair in her dainty fingers. She wore a pink pinafore over a white lacy blouse. Her eyes twinkled a spark of green, like her sister's, as she stared at the cotton candy-like clouds.

"Gwen!" Grace called her sister.

Gwen ignored her sister and continued to stare out into the sky. In the world she knew, everything was flawless and beautiful. The lake by the Relna woods was glowing and various animals crowded around it to have a drink. The forests she used to know was green and healthy. Sunlight spilled across the whole kingdom afar, creating a beautiful silhouette of it. Villagers would fetch their pails of water at the infamous well at the top of the hill, the well from which Jack and Jill had fallen. Something pushed the beautiful thoughts away as the reality set in.