The Cupid Project: When Player kidnapped Cupid (Bonus continued)

Dedicated to all of you, who stuck by me throughout this story

Dedicated to all of you, who stuck by me throughout this story. This is the very last update...

♕Gabriella's POV♕

"Hey."

I smiled when I felt someone's arms entwine around my waist. The husky voice in my ear spent shivers down my spine and trembles in my heart.

"Thank you for this," I said. I was facing my friends, watching Iris and Greg dance crazily to the upbeat music.

"Come on," Seth tugged my hand. "Put on your sneakers. It's time for you to get your gift."

I suppressed a groan. But I guess the pre-groan look on my face was enough for Seth to make out how I felt.

"Come on, Cups," Seth grinned. "You pretend that you hate all this romantic stuff, but secretly you fall in love with me even more."

"Did I ever tell you arrogant guys were never my type?"

"Sneakers, now."

I didn't ask him where he was going. I let Seth give me his gift. He was clearly excited, his knee kept bouncing up and down as he drove. He kept glancing at me, but he never said anything. Neither did I.

"Come on," he jumped out after stopping the car, which he had parked on one side of the road. I simply did what he asked.

He took my hand and pulled me towards the woods, walking deeper inside, the sound of crunching leaves accompanying us.

"Aren't you going to ask me if I'm taking you to the woods to kill you?" Seth asked, meeting my eyes.

"I trust you." The grass was getting longer and the moisture was slowly seeping into my sneakers. It was becoming more difficult to walk on the muddy ground. The dark didn't offer much support either.

"We're here," Seth said.

I had been so focused on my feet that I hadn't seen a tree sprawled over the lake ahead. There was a blanket draped over the tree, with a trunk big enough to sit on.

"Seth, don't get me wrong, I love your idea of alone time," I started. "But isn't this place too wild for that?"

"You'll see." He said. "I discovered this place a while ago," he sat down on the tree, holding out a hand to help me.

I settled against his chest, his hands never leaving my waist. "If you want me to entire the view, I'm sorry but it's too dark for that."

"Jeez, Cups," Seth whispered against my hair. "Just go along with it."

"I don't really like the dark."

"I know. Maybe you'll understand the reason why I got you here when you see...this." He pointed into the distance.

At first, I didn't see anything. Then a little glow appeared, a tiny bulb in the dark. It flickered on and off, on and off, until it was joined by another. And soon, another. And another. I let out a gasp. It was like the woods around us had been lit by lanterns, except they turned off at certain intervals. I watched mesmerised, unable to turn my eyes away from the fireflies, glowing and dancing in the dark.

"There are so many of them," I whispered in wonder. "It's even prettier than a firework show."

"Not as pretty as you," Seth said into my ear.

I shivered. "Why do our dates always involve so much light? Our first date was almost exactly like this."

"Because you are like light to me. My life was fine before I met you, but you just added more meaning to it. You brightened it up, so I actually started looking forward to your texts. I began to fall for you when I didn't know who you were. And I know you think that you are a misfit, but you fit in perfectly with me."

"Seth, thank you," I didn't know what else to say. What could I say to someone who managed to become the most imports part of my life in less than a year?

"It's our six month anniversary, babe. I figured I should remind you of our first date."

"I think it's safe to say you succeeded."

With his hands keeping me warm, and head rested on my shoulder, I felt completely peaceful. At that moment, I realised that it wasn't possible to love anyone more than I loved the guy next to me.

"Seth?" I tore my gaze away from the fireflies to look at his face. I tried to tell him, that he made me happy, but he interrupted.

"I know, Cups, me too." He caressed my cheek, his fingers lingering. "I promise you I love you as much as you love me, if not more."

So after a long kiss, I settled back in his arms to enjoy the rest of the show.