The Nightmares

This is my first story on Wattpad! Feel free to give me any grammar corrections or any other corrections. Hope you like! Enjoy!

Prim's POV

It's the middle of the night. Tomorrow is the day of the reaping. Nightmares have been flooding my mind while I sleep so I choose to stay awake. I watch my sister and my mom sleeping, but soon I'm slowly slipping away into sleep.

--------•--------

I woke with up screaming. Katniss woke up and hugged me, trying to calm me down. I stopped screaming, but I'm still crying. "It's okay, it was just a dream." Katniss tells me softly. "It was me, Katniss. They picked me." I cried back. "Your name has only been in there once, it's your first year. They won't pick you Prim, they won't pick you." My sister then gets up and puts on her boots and jacket. "I'll be back before the reaping. Try to get some more sleep." Katniss tells me, then kisses my forehead. She leaves the house, probably to go hunting. My mom is still sound asleep. I stand up and walk to the kitchen, which is only three steps away. I don't want to sleep, then more nightmares would come. So I quietly sit down and eat a small piece of cheese I made from goat milk. I decided to leave a small piece for my mother and sister, just incase Katniss doesn't bring back any game. If I won't get picked, then Katniss probably will. Her name has been put in so many times, I lost count. I silently think to myself for a while. My mother soon wakes up and picks out a pretty outfit for me to wear to the reaping. Soon, Katniss comes back and puts on her dress. She's wearing one of mom's old, but really pretty dresses. Katniss walks up to me and tucks in the back of my blouse. "Gotta tuck in that tail, little duck." She jokes. "Quack!" I answer back and we both laugh. She stands up again. "I wish I looked like you, Katniss. You're so pretty." I tell her. "No, you're pretty. I wish I looked like you." She smiles back. We hear the signal for the reaping. I freeze. Everything goes silent for a moment. "Let's go." Katniss grabs my hand.

Thanks for reading! Sorry if it's a little short, but I hope you enjoyed. comment and vote. Give me any suggestions you have! Thanks again.