//1//

August 20th, 2016

I hate August. I'm in love with Spring and Autumn, but not Winter or Summer. Spring is when I can wear my sundresses and run around in meadows barefoot without melting from the heat, and autumn is when I can curl up in a sweater with a good book but not catch pneumonia. Today is a sunny saturday in Gotham and I've spent most of it in my favorite record store that luckily has air conditioning. Just as I'm looking through the Doris Day collection, several gunshots are sounded. The two employees and I all immediately duck as the door to the store slowly creaks open and prominent footsteps are heard. "The money," a familiar voice demands before I hear the cash register open. A few seconds later, the footsteps draw closer to me and I begin to shake, huddling closer to the cold wooden floor. "Now, why are you hiding?" The voice says from above me. I look up to see none other than the Joker smiling down at me, his head slightly tilted to the side. I feel two hands harshly grab me by the arms and pull me to my feet and I wince from the pain. "Hey hey, don't hurt her," he says, looking behind me. It must be one of his "tag-alongs", but I'm way too afraid to check for myself. He grins down at me since he's nearly a foot taller than my 5'2 height. He brushes my cheek with the back of his hand, examining my face. "Hello, doll face. What's your name?" Unable to stop trembling under his touch, I breathe out my name.

"Elodie." He does a slight laugh, his eyes trailing all over my features. 

"Elodie? Well, I'm going to call you Elle. Are you afraid of the dark?"

"W-Wha-" Before I can finish the word, I feel a bag of some sort cover my head, making it pitch black. A pair of strong arms swoop me up and I hear the Joker's laugh from a little ways in front of me as we begin walking somewhere.

-Joker-

My intentions were not to capture her, but I couldn't help it. She's so precious. Her long wavy hair, big green eyes, luscious pink lips that look so soft, and just her overall physique had me craving something from her. "We're here, Mr. J," one of my men says, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Where do you want her?" I look over at Elle who's either asleep or unconscious, laying limp in his arms. 

"Put her up in my room. I'll be there in a minute."

"Yes sir." My men file out of the car and I sit for a little while longer, staring out the window. Don't ask me what my plans are with her, because quite frankly I have no idea. All I know is that she's never leaving my sight.

(A/N: Wow okay this is really short and highkey sucked but I just needed to start somewhere. I'll definitely edit this and make it longer in the near future, though. Anyways, thanks for reading! Let me know what you think so far, even though there's not much to judge. I promise the next chapter will be a lot more interesting!)