Chapter 13 (Mitchell)

My phone rings. It's Bridget. Why did she walk off with that creepo? I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Mitch, I need to talk to you."

"Okay, then talk."

"I can't unless you go in the bathroom or something." I sigh, "Fine." I turn to Ryan. "I'll be right back."

He grins. "Talking to your girlfriend? Hahahaha!"

I glare at him. "Shtop."

I head over to the back room and shut the door. I can still hear his obnoxious laughter.

"Okay, I'm in the backroom. What is it?"

"It's Jack. He turned the walk into a date!"

"Well, what did you expect?"

"I don't know! I thought he needed to talk to me about something!"

"Sometimes you are so clueless, Bridget."

"I know, right!"

"Where are you?"

"McDonald's."

"What? Never mind. I'll come to get you saying there's some kind of emergency."

"Thanks, Mitch, you're the best." She hangs up. She said I was the best! 

"YES!" I shout.

Oops. Lilla and Ryan are dying of laughter now. I walk out. They are literally on the ground.

"What's so funny?"

They can't even talk.

"Did the girl of your dreams ask you out or what?" Says Ryan, laughing.

I am going to strangle him!

"I'll be back." I change and walk out the door.

                                                                                       ***

I burst into McDonald's.

"Bridget! Come quick! We had an emergency! Hurry!" She stands up and gives Jack the Creep an apologetic look.

"Sorry."

He looks worried. "Do I need to come too?"

I shake my head and grab Bridget's wrist to rush her out.

"Thanks for the ice cream!" She shouts over her shoulder.

Once we're out of sight, we start laughing.

"He acted like we were on a date! It was so awkward!" She tells me. "Oh my goodness! I didn't know it was open yet!"

"What's open?" I ask.

"Five Below!" She says with excitement in her voice.

"Do you want to go over there?"

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's not like there's an actual emergency."

"Awesome! Let's go!" It starts raining as soon as we get over there.

Bridget thinks that everything in there is amazing. She picks up some kind of Spiderman movie.

"Oh, come on. I bought this for like fifteen bucks, and it's only five here!" 

"That's unfortunate."

"Yeah. It really is."

She finds a cowboy hat and a movie. It's beyond me why they would be selling cowboy hats in Georgia.

"Put this on." She instructs.

"Why?"

"Just do it."

I sigh and put it on. 

"Wait," she glances at the movie cover. "Never mind, take it back off. I want to do the pose from the movie cover. I know it's random, but my friend said that whoever did it first would get movie tickets from her. And of course, I want that, so will you do it?" She explains to me.

Mitchell, this is your chance to ask her out! But I blow it.

"Sure." Really Mitch?

She smiles and taps a random person on the shoulder. "Hey, can you take our picture?"

A\N

Here is the movie cover of The Longest Ride