Chapter 14 (Lilla)

Ryan and I are still dying as Mitchell walks out. 

"Does he actually have a crush on Bridget?" I ask incredulously.

Ryan stops laughing. "He's going to kill me now that I told you!" 

"Eh, he can't do that. I'll use my magical witch powers on him." I say, giggling.

"Lilla, you are so weird."

"Look who's talking."

This is probably the first time I've joked around with Ryan. Ryan! Of all people. 

"Oh, where are they going?"

Bridget and Mitchell run out of McDonald's and into Five Below. Weird.

"That's weird. Why aren't they coming back here?" Says Ryan.

It's pouring now. I've had too much soda. I turn up the volume on Ryan's boombox. Set Fire To The Rain by Adele is on. Without thinking, I start singing along. 

He joins me. And we're jumping around while using sodas for microphones. I guess that's what happens after three Cokes. After the song ends, we almost open up our sodas. Ryan had the common sense to tell me to go outside and open them. Since when does Ryan have any sense at all?

We go outside, and it's dark. It's only like, 5:00. It must be a pretty bad storm coming in. The soda sprays all over the place, unfortunately. I guess that's what we get for shaking them during our performance. 

Mitchell and Bridget still haven't come back. We go back inside Walrus Hut; ugh, I hate that name! The power goes out. Ryan screams, and I turn on my phone.

"My precious boombox isn't going to work anymore!" He cries.

"It runs on battery you doof. It'll still work." I say irritably.

Ryan's phone rings, but he's too busy messing with his radio box to answer, so I answer it. Its Mitchell. Good, I need to know what's going on.

"Hello?"

"Who's this?"

"Your worst nightmare," I whisper.

"Really, Lilla?" He's not impressed.

"Where are you? The power went out!" I ask.

"I know; I'm in Five Below with Bridget. And we're going to be stuck there until the power comes back on." 

"Good for you. I'm stuck in an empty building that smells like paint with Ryan of all people while you guys are in a store and most likely not alone."

"True. Well, I called Ryan because he actually cares about our well-being. So tell me what's going on. Wait a minute, why didn't he answer himself? Did lightning strike him?" I roll my eyes.

"No! He's sobbing over his precious boombox because he thinks it runs on electricity."

"Oh, well, bye." He hangs up, and I turn to Ryan.

"They're stuck until it stops raining."

Mitchell was wrong. Ryan only cares about his lame boombox.